so, i'm having a pair of jeans made . . . .

mizanation

@stresMaldo: What kind of denim did you get?

And thanks alot man! I really LOVE these and I can´t wait for them to get more evo, but I also want them to fade slow since the dark indigo is extremely nice.

I honestly can say that these are very comfortable for being 21 oz. I did have BIG problems buttoning them at first and my thumb hurt for a few days, but when they set in they are just incredibly comfy. And with that in mind, these actually stod by them selves whan I first got them...

Suprisingly I haven't chosen yet.. I haven't quite placed my order just yet. Working through the final details, one being the denim type/weight.

What I'm really waiting on right now is the bingata samples.

Bingata hand bags...yup!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, just read through a good chunk of this thread; these jeans look amazing. How much is it at this point to get in on this and what would the wait be? How many pairs has he made for sufu people so far?

so, k-san gave me a little new year's present. he made me a pair of 21 oz. denim. you can see the details on his blog. check out the new rivets:

http://doublevolante.ti-da.net/e3311662.html

Damn! That´s a serious christmas present! Enjoy them to the fullest man!

These are some great jeans and the denim is sooo nice, very rigid at first but then gets softer as time progresses.

I looked at the pics, I saw these about a week back but had no idea they where for you.

Ryan - those look AWESOME, homie!

The rivets are craazy! I know he's been using black ones like that too..

I reallllly think I'm leaning towards making mine with 21 oz. as well.

lets get it!

Don´t lean, DO!!! ;) hehe...But serious man, go with the 21oz. They are some serious heavy, rigid yet soft denim that will make you happy!

^ Okay, you've convinced me! : )

I'm allll in

That´s what I´m talking about! Awesome choice!

You having any specific details on your pair? Stitching or something like that? Selvedge beltloops maybe? Selvedge backpockets?

If you think halflined backpockets are something you might be interested in, go for it. i did and it´s really great to have some reinforcement there, since I got my wallet etc in the backpockets.

Right now, I'm going with:

21 oz. denim

47-esque cut

bingata handbags

Waldes selvage zipper

I'm requesting lined back pockets...yup

gold stitching with red accents on the fly and that small seam on the outside of the front pockets

requested to have the small red tab with the R, placed on the left side of the coin/5th pocket

I'm also going to get 'Maldonado' somewhere either screenprinted or embroidered.

I also sketched up some arcuates

selvedge beltloops sounds really interesting.. I have those on my SEXFHXRRs and I love em..might have to inquire about that!

I've been reading this thread for this pass 3 days, i'm gonna start saving and hope someday will pick up a pair..

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just came along to this fantastic thread. And itsdandiy blog is awesome. Thanks for this great infos and pics!!!

Boy am I glad I stumbled upon this topic... I'm a US Marine stationed in Okinawa and it's great to hear about high quality custom work being done right here. I'll have to look into getting a pair soon, too bad I'm working on two others currently... one more can do I guess.

I have never been in Japan so far.

If you have time and could find one pair for me?

waist 32-33, length 32 or longer?

I wish you a good time there despite your mentuioned restrictions

• 2 months later...