SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

Contemplating washing mine for the first time...what's the best way to wash these anyway?

I've washed my pair with basically everything...detergent, shampoo, fancy female soap, etcetc. I don't think it really matters as long as you can get the dirt out of it...and as long as it doesn't have weird shit in it like moisturizer...

I used some olive oil shampoo to wash them while I was in Taipei...didn't mess them up as far as I can tell...did make them softer though, which was nice.

Hot water.

Soap/Detergent.

Scrub[Or machine].

Rinse.

Dry[hang or machine, whatever floats your boat].

Mine faded real quick at the beginning until I washed them then they slowed down and have gradually faded slowly over the past few months which is a good thing because I lost a ton of indigo in the first wash...I'm not a fan of light blue denim unless its summer

Mine haven't really faded at all, which kind of makes sense but is also strange at the same time. Makes sense because I've worn them like 10 times. But it's strange because all 10 of those times have been all-day outdoor excursions in (mostly) 90+ degree florida heat, humidity and sweat causing the jeans to chafe in places that make no sense, like my calves. What the fuck.

I dunno...it's been the opposite for me. I wash my jeans every 2 months or so and they've been fading alright. They actually fade ALOT for the first two weeks to one month after the wash and slow down a bit.

Just me? :confused:

EXACTLY the same thing with mine. I gave mine a wash about two weeks ago, and it seems like every day since then, the thighs/combs have been losing indigo like mad.

Sick, rice!

From a walk on Christmas:

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Currently at the tailor's getting butt left-butt reinforced, top button hole re-stitched, left pocket bag re-attached and crotch re-reinforced. Picking them up to today... back to Africa tomorrow!

dktaz's jeans never fail to impress.

Yo where the rest of you at?

Also, out of curiosity how will we be posting pictures for judging later? We gonna do a giant thread with everyone's pics or a gallery online or wsup? Figured we should discuss it before the actual end-date or else it'll be a clusterfuck of confusion.

It's not ending till April 1st, so we've got quite a bit of time before figuring all that out.

Someone take pictures of my jeans pleaseeee!!!!

Also for the people who started early like in the beginning of march, do you guys still plan to finish one month early?

^^^ I personally do simply because my jeans might not make it any further, but I don't think it ought to matter, one month is not entirely significant plus I know forsure that my jeans have had at least a month of time spent at the tailor alone, not considering the times when they were inaccessible (i.e. hibernating while I was away)

Can anyone tell me how these match up to APC New Standards size wise. I plan getting one of the few 36s left but I am worried about the sizing. I am a big guy but I hate how the legs in larger sizes get annoyingly wide.

If you're asking if the legs get bigger with the size the answer is yes. They are comparable to the NS. Just look at the measurements.

2 months to go. I'm sure I'll keep wearing mine after the end of the contest, but I figure I'll take pictures on the anniversary and use those to represent mine in the contest.

izayuh: any chance of some updated photos? Or do we have to wait 'til a year's up?

2 months to go. I'm sure I'll keep wearing mine after the end of the contest, but I figure I'll take pictures on the anniversary and use those to represent mine in the contest.

izayuh: any chance of some updated photos? Or do we have to wait 'til a year's up?

good question... I like anticipation

honestly though I have infrequent camera access, I'm taking a photography class beginning next week, first step is to buy a camera. SHoul have pics before end of month. I wanna do a before and after wash sequence. should be interesting.

Almost embarrassed to post these since everyone's look so much better, but this was my attempt. I realized after the first few months that the cut wasn't for me and they haven't really been worn that much (probably 5 months total?). I think I started on March 16th so I have a couple months left, but I don't see myself wearing them much more if at all. They may even find there way to the supermarket for something cheap like $130-40