Varsity Jackets

down4nyhc

^Co-sign on the "everybody post your shit". I want to see how these things look on, cos they look fucking fantastic in the thread. Height/weight with fit pics would be handy for those wondering how to size em.

Want to rep you some more Dismal, but the SuFu gods forbid it.

Ok....

Thoughts on the jackets, now that this is nearing the end of week 2.

1) Lots of people copped, all different colors and options, it's been kind of a headache to organize but fun to see them come out.

2) As I've said, I've moved to a week by week basis here, so orders go in on my Tuesday, and I pick them up the next Tuesday. It will help keep things more organized.

3) Everyone, please, try to figure out your sizing on your own, before talking to me. I've posted the sizing chart before, i'll post it here too:

chart.jpg

I know it's hard to figure out your size from looking numbers, but this is the way this has to work. Everybody is shaped differently, so there really is no point in trying to match someone else's fit from a picture.

Your best bet is to find a medium to light jacket you like the fit of, use it as a baseline to figure out what you measure, and add/subtract where appropriate, and then go to the chart and see what sounds best.

I can add/subtract length to the body and sleeves, once again.

I don't want to be a dick about this, but I am busy with a lot of things and I can't banter with you on AIM for 3 hours about your jacket size, and I am flooded with PMs too, so I really need the cooperation.

-The jackets are taking about a week to make, sometimes they make a mistake or two; it happens because everyone wants something different and it's hard for Asian people to get their head around individual stuff sometimes. You can't even order a cheeseburger without pickles or the mustard here. So if by chance they do make a mistake or for some reason your jacket doesn't come out the way your ordered it, I have to send it back for a remake til it's perfect. It takes a few more days additionally for the fix, but I hope you guys bear with me, so we can all be happy and you get what you want.

As the jackets are not really profitable, and as they are taking a lot of time and work, I am considering ending the run on these soon. It's probably no secret that I do hope to have a real line of clothing that I want you guys to be interested in, but that isn't happening right now because of the varsities, so TOJ may go on hiatus and return with an official thread and a full line. I've gotten what I've wanted to out of these jackets, the learning experience, and I think the people who bought them and received them so far are happy, judging from the response, so I feel like they have gone where I wanted them to go.

There may be more TOJ varsities in the future, but as they will be part of the line, they will of course be a bit different and obviously not custom made to order with so many color or sizing options.

That's about it for now. I don't want to sound like I am mad or frustrated or anything in any way about them, I just wanted you guys to have a heads up, and let you know what I'm thinking lately.

Ok....

Thoughts on the jackets, now that this is nearing the end of week 2.

1) Lots of people copped, all different colors and options, it's been kind of a headache to organize but fun to see them come out.

2) As I've said, I've moved to a week by week basis here, so orders go in on my Tuesday, and I pick them up the next Tuesday. It will help keep things more organized.

3) Everyone, please, try to figure out your sizing on your own, before talking to me. I've posted the sizing chart before, i'll post it here too:

chart.jpg

I know it's hard to figure out your size from looking numbers, but this is the way this has to work. Everybody is shaped differently, so there really is no point in trying to match someone else's fit from a picture.

Your best bet is to find a medium to light jacket you like the fit of, use it as a baseline to figure out what you measure, and add/subtract where appropriate, and then go to the chart and see what sounds best.

I can add/subtract length to the body and sleeves, once again.

I don't want to be a dick about this, but I am busy with a lot of things and I can't banter with you on AIM for 3 hours about your jacket size, and I am flooded with PMs too, so I really need the cooperation.

-The jackets are taking about a week to make, sometimes they make a mistake or two; it happens because everyone wants something different and it's hard for Asian people to get their head around individual stuff sometimes. You can't even order a cheeseburger without pickles or the mustard here. So if by chance they do make a mistake or for some reason your jacket doesn't come out the way your ordered it, I have to send it back for a remake til it's perfect. It takes a few more days additionally for the fix, but I hope you guys bear with me, so we can all be happy and you get what you want.

As the jackets are not really profitable, and as they are taking a lot of time and work, I am considering ending the run on these soon. It's probably no secret that I do hope to have a real line of clothing that I want you guys to be interested in, but that isn't happening right now because of the varsities, so TOJ may go on hiatus and return with an official thread and a full line. I've gotten what I've wanted to out of these jackets, the learning experience, and I think the people who bought them and received them so far are happy, judging from the response, so I feel like they have gone where I wanted them to go.

There may be more TOJ varsities in the future, but as they will be part of the line, they will of course be a bit different and obviously not custom made to order with so many color or sizing options.

That's about it for now. I don't want to sound like I am mad or frustrated or anything in any way about them, I just wanted you guys to have a heads up, and let you know what I'm thinking lately.

Quoting since people will be asking again on this page.

However, can I ask what materials are used?. I understand we have some choices when choosing.

Once we measured and found our size, do we pm you?

Quoting since people will be asking again on this page.

However, can I ask what materials are used?. I understand we have some choices when choosing.

Once we measured and found our size, do we pm you?

It's in the thread. All colors like black, navy, grey are wool/cashmere. The red is a more traditional melton wool. I believe all sleeve leather is lambskin. Body lining is cotton and sleeve lining is silk.

I assume the feel of the materials should be pretty awesome. I'll comment on the red melton early next week when I get my jacket. Anyone with the cashmere want to chime in?

ill try to post comment and fit for the black cashmere monday

btw thanks d

ems is fast

ok grey or black body??? :( can't decide

i say gray. if i ever get time im gonna try to get mine in gray. im thinking gray on gray but not all the same gray, nahmsayin.

Ok... updates, picked up more jackets from that batch of fixes; Vashin and Olorin, your trims got switched around and I had to have the guy rectify that one more time, this time they'll be out in 24 hrs. Joe, your buttons are getting swapped for black like you wanted, and that'll be out in 24 hrs too, and that will conclude everything from the past week's orders.

I'm putting in new orders tomorrow, so guys who wanted a jacket, there's about 12-16 hrs left, or wait another week...

Brad Pitt (and somebody else who got the Brad Pitt colorway):

varsityredstriped.jpg

i say gray. if i ever get time im gonna try to get mine in gray. im thinking gray on gray but not all the same gray, nahmsayin.

Like this? I call this the 'Jason Bourne' colorway... this came out beautifully BTW, I really like this one...

2zxvxjt.jpg

"20 minutes ago"

:(

shhhhh ;) What's this? oh, a black/cream sz 50 with some slight size mods??!

30jicfa.jpg

BTW yeah I know I was 20 minutes late, always a pilfering wireles s internet from my neighbors concept :(