Varsity Jackets

down4nyhc

that OC one looks kinda cool, like a nude jacket or something.

I sent tracking numbers out to all of you guys for the past weeks jackets. new orders were placed today.

I have a new varsity model coming out really soon, it was easier to put into motion than expected. I will put that in the official TOJ thread that I hope to start in a second...

Got my jacket and just wanted to comment. First of all, I'm super happy with how great it looks. I got the red with red/white+yellow trim and was worried it might be weird/flashy but I think it works quite well. No camera on me so unfortunately no fit pics.

Also want to note that this is really a great light jacket. Wool/leather sounds heavy but this is thinner than a classic varsity so imho pretty wearable unless it's dead of summer.

Last note ppl in doubt on sizing might want to lean to the larger size. I'm a relatively standard small and the varsity S fits slimmer than most non-japanese brands. If you're looking for a more traditional fit like that RRL or something you can layer a sweater or thin hoodie under I would consider sizing up 1.

Got my jacket and just wanted to comment. First of all, I'm super happy with how great it looks. I got the red with red/white+yellow trim and was worried it might be weird/flashy but I think it works quite well. No camera on me so unfortunately no fit pics.

Also want to note that this is really a great light jacket. Wool/leather sounds heavy but this is thinner than a classic varsity so imho pretty wearable unless it's dead of summer.

Last note ppl in doubt on sizing might want to lean to the larger size. I'm a relatively standard small and the varsity S fits slimmer than most non-japanese brands. If you're looking for a more traditional fit like that RRL or something you can layer a sweater or thin hoodie under I would consider sizing up 1.

If you had the chance to do the custom again would you have sized up yourself?.. Plus the chart measuremts correct in your opinion.

^^

I would probably size up to an M but that is because I would want to layer something underneath come the fall. As of right now I can wear a T underneath or at most a thin button up. Part of this is also because the arms get very tight past the elbow and I know I do not have big arms. I did not break out the tape measure but the chart measurements seem very accurate to me, particularly for my custom body and sleeve length. Also keep in mind that due to the lining the varsity fits slimmer than a unlined casual jacket with the same measurements. Ex: my varsity fits slimmer than my NDG jacket which had similar shoulder and chest measurements.

I'm 5'8" and 138 pounds just in case ppl think I'm a vanity sizing fatty.

I'm excited about the new varsity model. I'm debating whether or not i want to get the new warmer version (i'm guessing that's what it is) to wear in boston fall/winter or if i want to get the original one and just layer more underneath. Can anyone who owns it comment on how cold a temperature they'd wear this thing in?

These new colorways people are making are really dope. I think it's cool, dismal allowed people to use their creativity to create sick patterns for other people to purchase.

I'm excited about the new varsity model. I'm debating whether or not i want to get the new warmer version (i'm guessing that's what it is) to wear in boston fall/winter or if i want to get the original one and just layer more underneath. Can anyone who owns it comment on how cold a temperature they'd wear this thing in?

These new colorways people are making are really dope. I think it's cool, dismal allowed people to use their creativity to create sick patterns for other people to purchase.

New model won't be much warmer, if at all. It's the same jacket, with a huge twist. a huge twist. ;)

The jackets are light in weight, like sushijerk said, but I think they are pretty warm, most people could probably wear them into November or even winter, depending on where you're from. Even the really cold places (I'm in one of those places right now), the jackets would be ok on mild winter days as well, with a thin sweater or something.

It's not a chicago winter jacket, unfortunately, you guys up there need a lot more during your in winters than a varsity jacket can give you. :P haha. But it's a nice Fall/mild winter jacket. Northern California year-round weight, temperate 3-season, in Chicago I'd wear it til Mid-November and then retire til like March maybe, except for those freak slightly warm winter days you get up there.

Some of the different colors of wool make for lighter or heavier jackets too, I think the light grey wool is noticeably lighter than the black.

Like I said, I might have a winter version later, but I'm not starting on that for awhile, I just want to make this same style for now, since it's just July. Worry about heavier jackets in 2-3 months.

To give you an idea, all of the jackets in any size come in under 1kg, all packaged up. I think the total weight of a 44 is like 650g, a 46 is 700 maybe, and a 52 or 50 might be about 850g, so they're not heavy. Just wool over cotton and thin lamb leather over silk.

TOJ new model won't come out til I've got my superAD official thread approved and I don't get the ban hammer. lol.

This place does custom jackets for $149 it says. I'm sure they fit like ass, but they have a custom jacket configurator here where you can make and try different color combos for your TOJ jacket. :D

http://www.jacketshop.com/shop/edit_custom_classic_jacket.php?pid=178

Forgot to mention this as well; Chinese letters in chenille pile are also available if anyone wanted to have something like that go across the back or something.

If you guys who bought one already were somehow interested in that,I could send those along separately.

I think I just increased my melton wool color selection by infinity; I know right now I can now do olive green melton, with olive green/white double stripe trim that matches well. Now also navy melton with navy+white or beige double stripe trim. Just happened across the melton in some random part of the market.

All of these kinds of options and previous ones are also available on the official upcoming first piece of the TOJ, that I have codenamed 'the Double American' for now.... ;)

now I can now do olive green

oh shit! i think my gray on gray may have to be put on hold for a bit now. im going to busan this weekend but i want to meet up soon to discuss a few options, and maybe see the sizing situation

shit just got real homie!

I think I just increased my melton wool color selection by infinity; I know right now I can now do olive green melton, with olive green/white double stripe trim that matches well. Now also navy melton with navy+white or beige double stripe trim. Just happened across the melton in some random part of the market.

navy body with grey sleeves white snaps, pockets and white/navy double stripe trim

navy body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and beige/navy double stripe trim

navy body with beige sleeves, brass snaps, beige pockets and beige/navy double stripe trim

navy body with white sleeves, brass snaps, white pockets and white/navy double stripe trim

navy body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and white/navy double stripe trim

navy body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and red/beige double stripe trim

navy body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and beige/navy/red tri stripe trim

olive body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and white/olive double stripe trim

olive body with white sleeves, brass snaps, white pockets and white/olive double stripe trim

red body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and white/navy double stripe trim

red body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and beige/navy double stripe trim

red body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and red/beige double stripe trim

red body with beige sleeves, brass snaps, beige pockets and red/beige double stripe trim

red body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and red/yellow double stripe trim

red body with maroon sleeves, white snaps, pockets, and red/yellow double stripe trim

red body with maroon sleeves, beige snaps, pockets and red/beige double stripe trim

red body with black sleeves, beige snaps, pockets and red/beige double stripe trim

red body with black sleeves, white snaps, pockets and red/yellow double stripe trim

grey body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and white/navy double stripe trim

grey body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and charcoal rib trim

grey body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and black rib trim

grey body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and charcoal rib trim

grey body withe white sleeves, snaps, pockets and black rib trim

grey body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and beige/navy double stripe trim

grey body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and red/beige double stripe trim

grey body with grey sleeves, snaps, pockets and grey rib trim

grey body with black sleeves, snaps, pockets and grey rib trim

grey body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and beige/navy/red tri stripe trim

black body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and black rib trim

black body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and black rib trim

black body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and grey rib trim

black body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and grey rib trim

black body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and red/beige double stripe trim

black body with grey sleeves, snaps, pockets and black rib trim

black body with black sleeves, snaps, pockets and black rib trim

purple body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and purple rib trim

purple body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and purple rib trim

purple body withe black sleeves, black snaps, pockets and purple rib trim

purple body with black sleeves, grey snaps, pockets and grey rib trim

green body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and green rib trim

green body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and green rib trim

green body with black sleeves, snaps, pockets and green rib trim

green body with grey sleeves, snaps, pockets and green rib trim

green body with white sleeves, snaps, pockets and navy/white double stripe trim

green body with beige sleeves, snaps, pockets and navy/beige double stripe trim

so many combinations...how can he varsity?!?