Varsity Jackets

down4nyhc

I just got a message from another happy TOJ varsity owner, so I'm really pleased with the way these are shaping up. That was #1, another guy who has yet to pick his up from the post office is #2, and ethanlee is #3, so we're doing pretty good, track record-wise.

If anyone was game, I was talking to my wool fabric guy and I think I can get my hands on purple and kelly green (Irish green) melton wool, just like the varsity red melton. A bit wild, but I know there's niggaz out there who is wild, so I thought I'd throw that out.

Wow, purple awesome. Is it like a really dark kind of purple, almost looks blackish/blue but in the right light you can tell it's purple?

if so, I would love a colorway where that is the body color, sleeves are cream, and the cuffs and all that some sort of cream aswell? not exactly suer what colors you have for the cuffs if you could list those?

but that would be my jacket

I am supposed to pick up fabric swatches of those other melton colors on Monday, cuz the guy stores his fabric at home.

I do think light color cuffs will get pretty grody looking, so I'd just consider a traditional purple solid trim (it will match the body) and then like you said, cream sleeves are always nice. Solid color trims, I cna get pretty much any shade under the sun.

BTW, I really think cream is the best leather color on these.

Awesome shtuff, I do agree that the light cuffs might get grimy, but I want something to pop off the jacket somewhat, I dont just want purple to blend into purple, and I cant really think of a not light color that would match purple other than cream/white. Have any opinions on this?

Can you possibly get a trim thats purple w/ white or a cream that matches the leather stripe?

also, dont mean to bust balls. just wanna get the balla jacket haha

no striped trims beside the red. THe purple cuff on the end of a cream leather sleeve would look far better and more integrated than a trim that doesn't match anything else on the jacket.

I am supposed to pick up fabric swatches of those other melton colors on Monday, cuz the guy stores his fabric at home.

I do think light color cuffs will get pretty grody looking, so I'd just consider a traditional purple solid trim (it will match the body) and then like you said, cream sleeves are always nice. Solid color trims, I cna get pretty much any shade under the sun.

BTW, I really think cream is the best leather color on these.

i was thinkin white caz i like the blinding freshness but u saying it'd be dirtied up mad quick? is the cream leather any better quality than white and u think itd look better with navy?

that would look hideous! haha. You guys are getting pretty crazy with the beige trim talk too, that is some digusting imagery I'm getting.

only one TOJ jacket in the NYC area...

no striped trims beside the red. THe purple cuff on the end of a cream leather sleeve would look far better and more integrated than a trim that doesn't match anything else on the jacket.

Yeah I agree with that, but I dont want purple trim coming off purple body...

Might have to rethink that and go with my second choice of heather gray body + cream sleeves and heather gray trim

^ awful. red and purple dont mix like two dicks and no bitch

find yourself in serious shit

thing is green, and purple are my favorite colors (0) and i dont think i could pull that look off, well on a varsity jacket

don't have fabric swatches, and they wouldn't photograph that well either, but light grey is like the Visvim's grey, and medium grey is like the TOJ Prototype #1. Then there is the dark grey, a true charcoal grey, as you would see like on a peacoat or something. All are higher percentage cashmere blend like the black and navy, soft hand.

mostly curious:

do you have access to a natural colour leather that will wabi sabi like no other?

Buckskin_Fabric.jpg

can look for it. You're talking unfinished buckskin right, so eventually it takes on some kind of patina? I am not a fan of weathered buckskin, btw, i think it takes on grime just a little too fast.

quick update on TOJ jackets:

To the guys who ordered from me and whose jackets are being made currently, the jackets might take a day or two longer than expected. I'm genuinely sorry for the delay, it is the last thing that I wanted to happen, I didn't want to become the BlackScissors of Asia. I am working on trying to get those out asap.

As a result of that, partially at least, I am gonna close ordering for the rest of today and tomorrow, I need to take a break anyway and take care of some other stuff in my life.

I'm thinking the new order model will be:

-Orders can be taken through the week, but;

-All orders henceforth will be placed on Tuesdays of each week. This gives me Monday for material shopping (which is a monumental task, plus I've been doing everything everyday, which has to stop really) and pattern cutting, and allows you guys some leeway for making last minute decisions.

I had some people ask for slight changes the day after I put their order in, and that delayed the process for everybody's jackets, so I'm gonna instate a firm Tuesday deadline for final order placement.

This should allow more timely, speedier production and shipping and allow both the tailor and I to be more organized about this. Sorry for delays. :(

update to the above, I am gonna get 10 jackets tomorrow at 7pm, so they won't get to go out til Thursday morning but I have time to sort out all the packaging and addressing tomorrow night, so going out in the morning on Thursday is the same thing as going out on Wednesday afternoon. :) This week's jackets will be out by next Tuesday.