Varsity Jackets

down4nyhc

the letters would be standard letterman's letters, no next level cashmere or anything like that. Just standard letters to match whatever color.

Looking for a grey, but it wouldn't be hard to find. I got several shops to source coat wool from.

Could you verify the length measurements (collar to hem from the back, specifically) for the smaller sizes? 21-22" seems really short.

seconding this. small seems perfect everywhere except the length. I am 6'1 and would need something like 24-25 inches.

yeah same, i guess the pockets would have to be moved down slightly too, is this possible?

yes, pockets are movable, enlargeable, etc. Anything but the width of the body or sleeves is adjustable, so you choose a size based on your shoulder/chest requirements and then we go from there.

The sample in the pics was a short bodied 48/M, I fit best into the 46/S, it fits like a fucking glove on me. I'm gonna make my personal jackets 46 Longs, add an inch to the sleeves and bodies, because I'm a bit long armed/long torsoed.

I found red and beige double stripe trim, and also located that lost roll of varsity red melton (the guy had taken it home)... also found a really cool alternate double stripe trim, I think it's one yellow stripe, one white stripe and both of those striped trims match the red perfectly and are up to my standards now, so varsity red is back with a vengeance.

Brad Pitt, your train has arrived

will anxiously await for them pix :)

Aight Brad Pitt, I put in the extra effort on this one for you cuz you've been down since day one and I couldn't give up til the end, and today was a lucky day, found this lurking under a pile of stuff. Has a nice hand and is less synthetic feeling than the other striped trims, it must have a good amount of cotton content, which is exactly what I wanted. These are off-white stripes and that is beige leather in the pic. The light washes them out but they do match well in person.

143met3.jpg

Here is that lemon yellow/pure white stripe trim, similar but with the yellow stripe. Has a different texture but again I like the yarn content of it, something different I suppose.

4zua35.jpg

The double off-white stripes are slightly fatter than the yellow/white, which I do think sways me to the double off-whites...

BTW before anyone else asks, that is probably gonna be it for striped trim. I looked for a suitable navy with white or off-white stripe trim to no avail. Black and white might be an option but I'd have to re-check.

I was just thinking about how much I'd like a varsity jacket, but all the Japanese made repros are fucking OTT with the patches/sleeve designs.

And then I randomly stumble into this thread... I'm going to read back through the last few pages, but how can I get a varsity jacket asap, dismal?!

Good to see it made it!! There will soon be many others in various colors circling the globe.

Final colors list:

Body: black cashmere, navy cashmere, light grey heather cashmere, medium grey heather cashmere; varsity red melton

Sleeves: White, Beige (like natural white, for those asking), black, oxblood, vegetable dyed grey (lighter or medium) like Rick leather, etc, many colors available, just ask me.

Trim: Solids: all colors.

Stripes: varsity red + twin beige stripes (for beige leather sleeves), varsity red + pure white and lemon yellow twin stripe (for white leather sleeves), beige base + navy/bright red/navy tri stripe (for navy body + beige sleeves)

Collar and cuffs can be foldback double, or non-foldback single. Striped trims are non-foldback by default.

Sizes: 44,46,48,50,52. Body length and sleeve length can be shortened/lengthened upon request, no fee.

Size chart:

chart.jpg