Varsity Jackets

down4nyhc

navy/beige, navy/white, and black/white double stripe trim available.... but I really still prefer the solid trim for overall tonal matching, look, and feel. THe stripe trim is made for true sports jackets and just isn't the same, doesn't match the richness of the other materials going into this jacket.

Brad, I wouldn't get your hopes up but I will try tomorrow, I had that on my to-do list. I have solid trim to match each of my wools perfectly, but stripe is really tough since cashmere or fine melton aren't traditionally paired with acrylic-based rib knit.

i just got the sample in the mail. shit is pure butta. give dismal your $.

Glad you like it man, and glad somebody outside of the Seoul group finally gets to see the TOJ piece in person. There will be some others around the world very soon, too...

yeah I know, haha.

You guys gotta trust me a bit with the sizing and all, but I know what I'm doing and I will get you guys what you want. Also, let's get all these jackets out so I can move on and make other clothes! lol

You can do that, or find a jacket you like and measure it up and it will probably be something very similar to a stock TOJ size.

I just picked up Ethanlee's jacket and another guy's, it's dope and I gave it a quick trial fit and it fits great. Ethan I will pm you the details because I'm dropping it in the post in a moment. They're turning out very nicely and I've got a really clear channel of communication with the tailor now and he understands what is going on.

Ready to go, hassle-free:

Navy and Black cashmeres, Varsity red melton.

Solid trim to match each

beige+navy/red tri-stripe trim, pictured a few pages back. Works with the navy cashmere well.

white, beige, black lambskin (plus other other colors), oxblood and vegetable dyed calf in various colors.

snaps or buttons of your color choice.

I am at the point where I like making these and putting them out, but they're for you guys and obviously I'm not making much money off them (haptronic and I have talked about this and he said it's ok I continue this thread this way; other TOJ clothing won't have a thread like this though); in fact I can't afford to make any more samples or anything for the sake of showing off colors or fit at this point.

The pattern is locked in (but allows for length adjustments to the body and sleeves) and the available fabrics for now are as above. I find a little more day by day but it's a very slow process, and the options above are what I have and know I can get.

Trust though, that I am doing my best on them and making sure they're all legit, from the color matching and quality, pattern and sizing, the fabric, construction, to the final quality control, and shipping. I wouldn't bother putting these out if every single piece weren't something I'd wear myself, I am not zicoys1982 over here. haha.

whats up with them 50's?

I'm lagging on the 50's and 52's dude, cuz I have been setting it all up with the 44-48's. Sorry about that guys, I have the weekend ahead of me so I'm gonna try to get those done and ready to go before the end of the weekend, possibly tonight.

Yeah I got navy double stripe, I just really don't like it and I don't feel like it matches 100% the way the solid does. Honestly I would go with the solid. Just a limitation of my fabric selections man. I couldn't go to the fabric market today, got busy with other jackets, but I will go on Monday for final confirmation.

Yes, varsity letter is easily done, and free if I like you. (don't worry Brad Pitt)

I'm just joking btw, it's free for everyone if they want that.

New measurement chart:

EDIT: THE LAST THREE MEASUREMENTS (front and back lengths, sleeve lengths) ARE ADJUSTABLE, JUST ASK ME.

chart.jpg

BTW, bad news I suppose, I only have 3 or 4 yards of that red melton and it was gone the second time I went back to the shop, so it might be the first and last of that fabric. I know one guy is ready is ready to move on a red jacket so a heads up for those who wanted red. Not an ultimatum or anything, just an inventory alert there...