Fast Food Appreciation

chronoaug

There was a nice food thread, a thread about non-mainstream local fast food type places, but nothing about the grimey grimey.

Popeyes

Chic-Fila

Quiznos

Cinnabon

Steak n Shake

Guthries (fried chicken in south)

Panda Express

In and Out (or so i've heard. never had it)

5 Guy's Burgers (never had it but heard good things)

Panera (does this count? i could still kill me some panera)

I don't really like burritos that much so no chipotle/qdobas.

As for the popeyes discussion that was taking over Best WAYWT:

Leroy- Popeyes at turnpike plazas generally suck. There is one i sometimes hit up in florida when traveling and the biscuits twice were overcooked and it was really a sad day. The chicken wasn't that great either.

As for guthries fried chicken. It's incredible but i guess the economic crunch hit them as their chicken fingers are smaller than they used to be. Getting 5 in a box isn't nearly the same it used to be. Quite sad times we live in. WHY HASN'T OBAMA FIXED THIS GUTHRIES PROBLEM YET?

box-large.jpg

At most of the grimey stores, you can order a box or a plate. Those are your two options. Get the fuck out if you complain.

Popeyes is solid though and everywhere. Plus they have biscuits

popeyesIMG_1372.JPG

I've never seen a Cane's chicken. Haven't even heard of it.

I feel proud knowing that i grew up in Auburn, AL and ate at the original Guthrie's as a child.

Working at panera freshman year of college, i didn't get tired of it much because i would just make my own shit. It was before they started expanding the menu with pizza and ish. I'd just hollow out some foccaccia bread, make my own pizza sauce from chopped tomatoes, onions, herbs, and the tomato bisque, use some chicken and ham, some mozz and good to go. Marinating that chicken in the balsamic dressing then grilling it on the panini grill with onions makes for a fucking giller sandwich. Filled the whole store with smoke doing that and got written up though :(

excuse the shitty pics, but this was from a while back.

on the left is a double double and the right is a 10x10.

ryan134-1.jpg

i dont recommend the 10x10, halfway into it the meat gets cold and it starts to get chewy overall not so good experience. i finished it felt like shit after but i had to do it cuz one of my friends ate one a week before.

ryan136-1.jpg