inseam 36-1/2" hem 7-3/4"

Edited by satchelbmoore

chelsea size 31

inseam 30" hem 7- 1/2"

inseam 36" hem 7-1/8"

greaser size 31

inseam 30" hem 7-7/8"

inseam 36-1/2" hem 7-3/4"

Thanks a ton Satchel. The chelsea fit is exactly what I'm looking for. Now do I go for the Nisshinbo denim or the indigo canvas? I just started breaking a pair of raw denim that fits really well but I'm not thrilled with the denim itself. The canvas would be a nice alternative but that Nisshinbo denim was so nice. Anyone have any suggestions?

for selfish reasons i vote nisshinbo. i just wanna see how it fades. it truly is wonderful looking and feeling denim plus it's left hand twill so it'll have some unique fading characteristics. i want to see how it differs from my white oak broken twill.

we have some wonderful examples of the indigo duck but i'm afraid that with a slimmer fit the chelsea canvas won't fade as interestingly as the miner cut used in the contest.

I have one 30 left if your interested,they are pretty slim. That's it for the tweed at least till fall 13, the wool flannels are pretty sick, less blog press but def much thicker then the APC, JP wool and made in America for a cheaper price.

I personally really dig the indigo duck in the 5 pocket the gold thread on the deep indigo looks amazing and a nice switch up. Satchel you guys should pick up some wool flannels for those cold winters, I can't imagine how cold it gets up there. C

care to explain?

theres tons of variety on sufu that show how a straigher cut vs a slimmer cut fade, how so does the straigher one fade more interestingly?

also curious as to how the chelsea might fade, im sure itd be quite different, just not sure why itd be any less interesting.

^^ Christian, I'll talk to steve about it. we'll see how the next couple weeks go then think about a midwinter scoop.

I have been rocking slim/skinny jeans/pants for a while and am realizing that if there is more fabric to wrinkle, the more interesting the fades. to each his own, though.

I have one 30 left if your interested,they are pretty slim. That's it for the tweed at least till fall 13, the wool flannels are pretty sick, less blog press but def much thicker then the APC, JP wool and made in America for a cheaper price.

I personally really dig the indigo duck in the 5 pocket the gold thread on the deep indigo looks amazing and a nice switch up. Satchel you guys should pick up some wool flannels for those cold winters, I can't imagine how cold it gets up there. C

Thanks for the reply!

I wear a tagged 28 in most (29 actual) denim and pants. I would think that at a tagged 30 and a 31 actual waist on the tweeds, they would be too large. I was planing on both the chocolate flannel tcs and the tweeds. Kinda over skinny fits so I just wanted a slim fitting pair of chinos, and I'm a short dude (5.3") so anything larger than a 29 fits me a little weird.

May just grab the flannels and the brown duck canvas B)

For reference I have a pair of w+h, and NF Weird guy x blue owl chinos that I dig but want to switch out. Wanted something with a slightly larger rise and a looser thigh, maybe .5"?

Measurements for the w+h:

Waist: 14.7

front rise: 9.2

thigh: 10.5

knee: 7.5

leg: 7

NFxBOW:

Waist: 14.5

front rise: 9.5

Thigh: 10.85

Knee: 7.75

leg: 7

Good point satchel, Ive just seen some skinnys that have really aggressive fade patterns from the particular way they stack( personally not a fan ). Theres a lot of evidence in the miner contest to back your claim though. Do you guys carry much duck in the shop?

personally, i'm a fan of stack fades but overall, i've been enjoying the more intricate fades that comes from more fabric.

we have brown and olive jp duck and indigo selvage white oak duck. all three styles are miners.

• 1 month later...

after a two week long process thanks to american express, i got my left field left field chelsea nisshinbo jeans. they are great. there are a lot of details i didn't notice online such as the blue stitching on the button fly area. the designs on the buttons are really cool and i love the bandana pocket bags. on the inside of the jeans they are red but inside the pockets they are blue. they also sent me an extra leather patch in the pocket. the extra one is a lighter colored leather than the one that came sewn on. i got my through a blue in green special order and the way gordon described the fit is perfect. after i got them, i soaked them right away. at first, i wasn't sure about the length as they seemed a bit too long for me, but after wearing them for a few days...the rigid sharp edged stacking has softened up a lot and i think i will just leave them the way they are. they toe the line between skinnny and slim perfectly, in my opinion. i will upload some pictures later at some point. the point is, they are a great buy.

I've got the indigo canvas greasers on the way, which I'm really looking forward to. Passively dropped out of the contest around the middle of the year because the first run was just too full cut for me. Really looking forward to the slimmed down cut and the jean details.

I did spend the second half of the year in the khaki duck miner chinos and love the fit, details and construction. Left Field has become one of my favorite brands for high quality American made staples. Christian has really found the sweet spot with the line the last few seasons, can't wait to see what comes next.

Edited by xchen

some detail shots of the left field chelsea nisshinbos. i have no way to take fit pictures right now.

-the lighter patch is the second patch sent in the pocket

10fcexd.jpg

-the top button

2ev6jx5.jpg

-the pocket bag from the inside of the jeans

dqo1w.jpg

-the detail on the rest of the fly buttons

10wktwx.jpg

-the red line selvedge

34s2o7n.jpg

-the details on all of the rivets

20aw9dh.jpg

-the pocket bag from the inside of the pocket

2qmqmi0.jpg

fit pictures. they were taken seconds apart but looked completely different color-wise so i adjusted them the best i could. edit-if you are interested in the actual color, the detail pictures i posted above were not edited at all. the color is accurate.

v33qch.jpg

2rzc1o6.jpg

Edited by ijustwishi

the lighter patch with the red logo will be the new patch for the Chelsea Fit, but leather will be more like acorn shade then lt tan, Just bought a nice 15 oz Kuroki denim with a nice subtle slub for the next cut. The Nisshinbo in both fabrics and cuts will be discontinued. New letterpress pocket flasher for spring 13 cutting. C

the lighter patch with the red logo will be the new patch for the Chelsea Fit, but leather will be more like acorn shade then lt tan, Just bought a nice 15 oz Kuroki denim with a nice subtle slub for the next cut. The Nisshinbo in both fabrics and cuts will be discontinued. New letterpress pocket flasher for spring 13 cutting. C

was i supposed to receive the lighter patch? haha. i think it's awesome if i was, left field is the only company who have ever given me a patch choice! very cool.

The Nisshinbo in both fabrics and cuts will be discontinued. New letterpress pocket flasher for spring 13 cutting. C

Am I reading the right? Are the chelsea and greaser cuts being discontinued or just the denim in those cuts? If its the cuts, can we have a little info on the cut replacing them?

Am I reading the right? Are the chelsea and greaser cuts being discontinued or just the denim in those cuts? If its the cuts, can we have a little info on the cut replacing them?

i somehow missed that he said that. i believe that is what he is saying. i am really glad i grabbed these before they sold out completely. i absolutely love mine. honestly one of my favorite pairs, i think.

the greaser and chelsea will continue. just using different denim. i've seen 7+ different denims from LF and they have all been something special. looking forward to the new 15oz and everything else.

Was looking forward to getting my delivery today but the FedEx driver apparently decided he didn't even want to attempt to deliver and just mark down that I was unavailable despite me being home waiting for them all day.

Now the earliest I can get the package re-routed is next Wednesday or Thursday.

Was looking forward to getting my delivery today but the FedEx driver apparently decided he didn't even want to attempt to deliver and just mark down that I was unavailable despite me being home waiting for them all day.

Now the earliest I can get the package re-routed is next Wednesday or Thursday.

that's so weird. fedex did exactly the same thing to me yesterday. i was expecting it yesterday and it didn't come so i checked my tracking number and the website told me something about how there was a "delivery exception" because i wasn't home and that instead of being delivered that day, it wouldn't be here till monday. luckily, i called my local hub and they took it off the conveyor so i was able to pick it up.

yeah. only just a few of the 15oz and a few in the current 13.0oz. mostly small sizes. some of them are pre-greaser from the 'japanese slim' days. what size do you need?

the slims are pretty much the same jeans just fitting a size small. i'll check and see what we have left when i'm back in the shop on wednesday.