Junya Watanabe F/W 09.10 Paris

inaya

wonderful

any future Moncler collaborators take notes. Actually don't bother - this is the be all end all of down jacket, just like when Junya took Levi's and murked that shit.

inaya i don't know what you look like, but i can see you in this collection. Must be my sixth sense of styling telling me things.

Junya just took the bar and raised it to a level only Clark Kent (or Yohji) could dream of hurdling over.

hehe well I do love huge voluminous garments that envelop my body and transform silhouettes so... yes... that makes this collection 110% wonderful for me :D

and I agree... I hope people don't ever try to mess with these type of jackets again cause he just set the bar unattainably high.

wow.

The pieces by themselves are already ridiculously amazing, but the hair and makeup is what really pushes this over the top.

I dunno if I dig the gold chains on some of the pieces, but aside from that little quirk, lovelovelove all around.

someone page chadd from RO and tell him to rock this shit makeup and all.

for their respective genders, Watanabe's womens is more accessible than the mens

The mens is often executed with really quirky styling, proportions, not to mention some of the roughest fabrics this side of Shetland that make them nice to look at, not so easy to pull off as a whole.

• 4 months later...
Guest Phrost

NY Times has hi-res flash pics

ppl are underestimating his draping skills. haider, wilhelm, and on a lesser level rick do it well but junya is on some other shit. these down jackets are like raf f/w 06 reversible double zip jacket on steroids. i wonder how much they'll be. junya mens is really expensive

the vest/bolero reminds me of f/w 07 margiela

00220m.jpg