the 'ask a black dude" thread vers.1.0

icandunkonu

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have come to observe a common double standard with the perm in the black community. When is it appropriate and when is it not appropriate. I remember a poster Heidi Slimanus had one and got neg raped. Do you have to attain a certain pimp status before you can rock one.

for example.

20070617-billy20dee20williams20as20gdi20director20redmond20boyle.jpg

prince.jpg

Guest No Handclaps Please

the ones that get the most hate are the hipster/gay black guys that perm their hair when it's short, imitating some hair style that only white people can naturally have

does anyone know this kung fu movie where they are like fighting on upright bamboo rods that are on fire at the end. like dancing around on them and balancing and such.

Yo why is this in the ask a black guy thread? I thiiink you might be talking about Iron Monkey, although there's a bunch of movies with that kinda scene.

why am i more knowledgeable on rap than the average (black) person

isn't it like, your job to know more than me about that kind of stuff

Because the average young black person doesn't care about previous rap , i already explained this before. There are still the millions of black people who are aware though and know about the history. The bad thing is even though you might know more than average black person some people will put you down just because your ethnicity dont hold your badge up there so high buddy. They dont care. Sounds harsh but its the truth .

not sure if this has already been answered but, why do blacks that have an african heritage try their hardest to "be white" (dating white girls, weird nicknames, etc.) I've been to school with kids like this and I've never understood this. I agree with with the two of you on the light skin vs. dark skin issue, most girls definitely go for the lighter skinned blacks.

not sure if this has already been answered but, why do blacks that have an african heritage try their hardest to "be white" (dating white girls, weird nicknames, etc.) I've been to school with kids like this and I've never understood this. I agree with with the two of you on the light skin vs. dark skin issue, most girls definitely go for the lighter skinned blacks.

this whole ideology is offensive to say the least, getting good grades and wearing my pant's on my hips has always been a plus and has had nothing to do with my heritage, and i'm not sure what you meant by weird nicknames

no, I'm not saying that kids who get good grades and sag their pants are trying to be white. What I'm saying is that kids with why do kids with african heritage disassociate themselves with other blacks, meaning they ONLY hang out with/socialize with white people. It's almost like their ashamed of who they are. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

^Yo I think a lot of black kids take it personal when another one is kicking it with white folks/other races, but often its because theres a difference in core interests. Why does a black kid always have to kick it with black kids? That shit can be stifling. Its lame to be forced into certain temperaments because other people expect you to act/be a certain way.

I dont believe in that "talented 10th" bullshit but theres way too few of us and my interests are way too broad to be afrocentric.

I'm guilty for watching Sailor Moon on UPN 9 in the mornings before school while eating Captain Crunch and running home to watch DragonBall Z at 5:00. Ahh.. the old days

im glad everybody did this

^Yo I think a lot of black kids take it personal when another one is kicking it with white folks/other races, but often its because theres a difference in core interests. Why does a black kid always have to kick it with black kids? That shit can be stifling. Its lame to be forced into certain temperaments because other people expect you to act/be a certain way.

I dont believe in that "talented 10th" bullshit but theres way too few of us and my interests are way too broad to be afrocentric.

This is somewhat true, the black people in my school dont like me because I associate with everyone and dont just hang out with black people all day doing shit. I call it the hood complex like just because we share the same skin color doesn't mean I'm suppose to be like a robot like everyone else there. Once your black and you try to go out of the box people just start to judge the shit out of you. They expect me to grab on my balls and walk with a lean I still do that though! ... in all seriousness though i hate it.

doesnt that happen with other races too?

like 'oh look at this guy he is trying to be white by hanging out with these guys' or 'he is trying to be gangsta by wearing bape' or stupid shit like that

all the indian people i see mean mug me like crazy cuz im wearing some homo jeans

that shit is the most annoying shit ever, there is no end to the bs i deal from my own "people" for surfing, skating, and snowboarding. Fools telling me i'm not keeping it real, fucking mind boggling

that depends tho. if youre the only minority in a whole bunch of cracka ass crackas when theres plenty other races around, then somethins up.

i see this one chinaman in a frat always decked out in wranglers, cowboy boots and drivin a raised bronco around campus. i dont look at him as abandoning the race, more lost and confused.

She married to Will Smith, one of the coolest mofos around in my opinon from Fresh Prince to Seven Pounds..

I'm sure Jay-Z is glad Kanye is even shining the way he is. Truth is like everyone knows Jay wasn't even buyin the whole rap gimmick, only Dame was. so its weird

Yea same with me, i started skating in 5th grade way before the african-american community accepted it. I got heckled for doing so, and it has always made things so difficult to associate with other african-american kids when i was younger. We had no common interest, up until i started to play basketball....

In college more african-americans are more accustomed to seeing people differ from the common stereotypes so i find it WAY easier/the same as relating to any other ethnicity.