the 'ask a black dude" thread vers.1.0

icandunkonu

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay sorry if this was asked before but:

African-American, or black? Because I fucking hate saying African-American, if that helps.

It's both actually, there is a clear difference between african american and black american, though it would have been quite a different story generations ago

which rapper do black ppl actually believe? who is considered lying/exaggerating the least?

they all exaggerate to some effect and most of them are less believable than others so my answer would be none of the above

fuck jeezy. although most black people eat that shit up from what ive seen. I hope he dosnt think hes enriching the black community by spreading his ignorance.

You cant just put the guy down he's expressing his feelings in his own way, he can't sprout up and write synopsis on how the presidential election of Barack Obama is so vital to the black community. He's going to go about it how he only knows how to

My president is black, my Lambo's blue

And I'll be goddamned if my rims ain't too

My momma ain't at home, and daddy's still in jail

Tryna make a plate, anybody seen the scale?

That should pretty much sum up how he is a product of his environment. I think alot of black people "eat" that shit up is because some people relate, others dont either way people should know whats wrong/right. You can't blame stuff soley on a rapper who's just making music the way he knows. I wish it could be some kind of balance and the general black population could look up to Cornel West or some figure like that.

which rapper do black ppl actually believe? who is considered lying/exaggerating the least?

TRICK DADDY!!!! could be a miami thing though.

on some real shit i dont give a fuck about them i just listen to the music. the way i see it is if they were really doing it like they rap about they wouldnt be a rapper right now. but some definitely keep it real more than others.

^ From what I know its for people who died around the hood or people sell drugs there so when crackheads coming up the block they see the sneakers and know they could get their shit there. I remember I threw one of my old kicks on the powerlines its hard to do lol after mad tries I finally got it.

Ok Ok, i take back general black opulation because its so vast and many different people account for that category. I'm no big Young Jeezy fan myself some of his songs coo with me though , but I think Mr.Waffles was talking about young black people who are into mainstream hiphop and thats it and love coke raps. I dont think he was talking about the whole black community in America looks up to Young Jeezy because thats obviously false. I answered him back talking about that same category , not whole black community lol just want to make that clear.

getting me confused now C0C0 with editing post lol , but yeah thats my response I tried to answer his question thats all I wasn't trying to point fingers back any community it kind of came out wrong. If I read that statement from someone else I would think different . post above explains though lol

getting me confused now C0C0 with editing post lol , but yeah thats my response I tried to answer his question thats all I wasn't trying to point fingers back any community it kind of came out wrong. If I read that statement from someone else I would think different . post above explains though lol

naw i meant i edited my previous post....it's all a matter of wording i guess :P

and lab i never get invited to any dress like a 'minority' parties :(

Ahh forget it im just looks like im rambling now lol

but minority parties idk.. i remember i saw some pics of a "black party" of some college that threw one , just looked rediculous . .afros picks , 40 oz , bandanas , face paint ... the whole 9 lol