Supreme 2009 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nasty rumor that its only 1 deck per customer to weed out any entrepreneurs. They wont do sets apparently(aside from resellers i s'pose), hence the whole bit with him bitching about his art not getting used and having Javier and co skate the decks.

hoping this is not the case as I was looking to come up.

Nasty rumor that its only 1 deck per customer to weed out any entrepreneurs. They wont do sets apparently(aside from resellers i s'pose), hence the whole bit with him bitching about his art not getting used and having Javier and co skate the decks.

it's funny 'cuase the only way these would get skated is if they were $50 or less...no skater's gonna be shelling out $78+ for a deck they actually plan on riding

it's funny 'cuase the only way these would get skated is if they were $50 or less...no skater's gonna be shelling out $78+ for a deck they actually plan on riding

hirsts logic is flawed there and he, perhaps supreme too, are out of touch with the skate customer should that be the intention with these.

I do know that for the last 6mos, people have been talking about this and everyone is saying/has said "im buying as many as I can". Next to Koons, this is the only other (correct me if im wrong) big name, blue blood artist that they have worked with and people are assuming (in my opinion correctly) that these will be able to be sold in years to come to buyers/collectors outside of ebay/streetwear/skating.

hirsts logic is flawed there and he, perhaps supreme too, are out of touch with the skate customer should that be the intention with these.

I do know that for the last 6mos, people have been talking about this and everyone is saying/has said "im buying as many as I can". Next to Koons, this is the only other (correct me if im wrong) big name, blue blood artist that they have worked with and people are assuming (in my opinion correctly) that these will be able to be sold in years to come to buyers/collectors outside of ebay/streetwear/skating.

i think what hirst is really saying is that he doesn't want this edition to get swallowed up by the same old art market that eats his other stuff up. it's the same act of dissemblance as jebbia's comments on resellers

to be honest i don't know what makes these way more collectible than the stuff he did for the warhol x levi's line, but i agree they will be worth $$$ not too far down the line unless they make a crapload of them.

at this point i would add murakami to that list too. i should've bought the wool series but it was a pretty big ask to get the whole set

He does say "i want these to be ridden" in the video. Which goes to the point that R&S pointed out, that no one is going to pay $78 to ride the thing.

Had to google the Levi yump yump. If we're talking about the watered down accessible version (tee, jeans, etc), these are far more collectible in that they are more easily displayed (however awful it is to actually do that) like an actual piece of art. Those jeans and the tee would look weird hung up on a wall or pulled out of storage to be like "look what I've been holding on to". Should we be talking about the $80,000 swirl jeans, then no these decks are not as collectible due to more people actually being able to purchase the decks.

Everyone knows that decks as art have been around forever. HOWEVER the mainstream is starting to really push the idea of decks as art harder than they have before, even in my relatively moderate sized city you can go to a museum or some of the popular boutiques and see Skate decks displayed.

This could possibly be the pinnacle to push deck art over the threshold of popularity.

Understand I'm not saying that it was never popular before (even after mentioning it was popular a couple of times in the post), and I'm not saying the other decks were not as significant (I mean Koons, and Murakami just to name the biggest and most popular ones).

If I can get all 3 online, I definitely will.

He does say "i want these to be ridden" in the video. Which goes to the point that R&S pointed out, that no one is going to pay $78 to ride the thing.

yes, hence my word choice of "dissemblance." saying he wants these to be ridden is about the same as crass putting "pay no more than 3.50 for this record" on their record. it doesn't mean anything regardless of his wishes, even though it does make the latter part of the video even more rebellious seeming. sort of like a friend of mine saying he wanted his nike sb rep to give him a pair of what the dunks so he could skate them (fat chance in either case).

btw i've seen "art" stores (well one, at least) selling the larry clark t-shirts. but yes, hard goods seem to have more art use value than soft ones (notwithstanding my framed collection of rare supreme box t-shirts).

also (and more to the point) are these really confirmed at $78 or is everyone just going off the wool decks?

Should have googled dissemblance while i was at it. All is clear.

I heard at one point they were going to go for $98 retail, then they lowered the price. Will have to see what the magic # is.

I had all my supreme nikes "skinned" like the japanese do with tattooed flesh. They are now pressed flat and framed in a Muji 24 x 36.

Should have googled dissemblance while i was at it. All is clear.

I heard at one point they were going to go for $98 retail, then they lowered the price. Will have to see what the magic # is.

I had all my supreme nikes "skinned" like the japanese do with tattooed flesh. They are now pressed flat and framed in a Muji 24 x 36.

Post an example plz......

if all these shoes had white swoosh they would be dope,I know where the cws come from (vandals)it seems the are just a bit to fussy more i see less i like.

nike sb are already planning release of black and red (and royal?) bruins w/white swoosh for later in the year i think? supreme colorways aren't earth shattering but i think they look good in a basic sort of way w/out being too flashy or too boring (white would be too bland imo)