Supreme 2009 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to sell these immediately is just stupid. Appreciation, and I aint talking about loving these decks.
Im honestly pretty annoyed with the decks....

oh well everyones gonna start going for decks now

cause now every kid is going to think that thats whats going to

make them money.

cosign7890

Yeah definitely- (^insinuating the LOWS). Its been said to me that the shoe just hasnt met expectations from the market. Ive been wearing the hybrid ones the last 3 weeks that clark did for the custom series and i really like those, not that the sole was ever really a major problem, but theyve been a nice change.

Im not much of a boat shoe type person but the janoski will definitely sell extremely well and im excited to see how it skates. I also heard omar is working on a shoe so itll be interesting to see what type of blazer concoction he undoubtedly comes up with.

apologies for the non supreme related jabber. i DO like the little stars on midsole of the supreme bruin, brings a nice subtle change up from the normal release.

hate to bring this back up but I hear that Stefan's shoe isn't really anything special in person and Omar's going to have some huge mid top cup soled shoe.

Ventile Parka's Water Resistance?

Was hoping someone could comment on the parka's water resistant capabilities. Ventile is a fabric made of 100% cotton (i.e. hydrophilic), however, the way it is woven makes the fibers swell up when wet to prevent more water penetration.

Has anyone worn their parka in a rain storm and how long did it take for the parka to get soaked through?

They may have also treated the fabric to improve water resistance. If the jacket isnt really breathable then it has most likely been treated.

I have the ventile Wilderness Parka from 2007, ventile will keep you pretty dry in a light rain for a while, but it does absorb the water instead of repelling it, so once it gets saturated you will get wet. It also gets really heavy when it gets wet, and it takes a while to dry out, which is why isn't used in for real technical applications anymore. Like I said, it's fine for a little light rain, but if you're gonna get caught in storm or something, bring Gore-Tex.

well to be honest it does say water resistant, not waterproof. caveat emptor

anyway, everything from the webstore is out, plus the jack snapbacks, striped chinos and striped hooded jacket (can't remember if it's been out, instantly forgettable piece).

kind of weird how they went 180 on the sizing for this season, that's fashion i guess. also i take back what i said about the 5 pocket twill pants, they're actually the best pants they've done since the engineering joints

i wore my supreme parka from last year...blue and tan one and it kept me really dry...rain was beading up on it pretty well but didnt soak into it

not sure if this years parka is the same

i don't think last fall's mountain parka was made of cotton/ventile. i think it was 100% nylon and looked/felt way more waterproof this this spring's parka. last fall's didn't seem like it'd be very breathable tho.

kind of weird how they went 180 on the sizing for this season, that's fashion i guess. also i take back what i said about the 5 pocket twill pants, they're actually the best pants they've done since the engineering joints

which twill pants? the chinos or the the work pants?

Two new short sleeve plaids coming out. Dig the greyish blue one.

273841.th.jpg

273856.th.jpg

Any word on the summer chambray shirt? I wonder if we're going to see a whole new preview for the summer stuff considering the Spring stuff is almost all out on display already.

stuff that could show up in an updated/additional preview:

-ss university stripe oxford

-ss summer plaid

-ss chambray

-guayabera

-ss oxfords or ginghams?

-another polo?

-chino shorts

-work shorts

-motorcycle shorts

-more shorts?

-more snapbacks

-more new eras

-more box caps

-sport caps

-another military style jacket

several of these ideas come from some scans that some guy named Boonie on strictly supreme had:

DSCF2517.jpg

DSCF2518.jpg

DSCF2520.jpg

eh. im saying oversight but who knows. Just an arbitrary number, but it always seems like there is another 30% of the collection that isn't ever previewed or gets snuck in when they update it. My comment was more to the notion that they are going to have an equal amount of product under a "Summer" preview.

hopefully this guayabera shirt fits a bit larger liek the rest of this season....

it's kind of weird but that was one of two pieces last s/s that was sized up in production (e.g. if you wore medium everything else you'd get a small). e-props to anyone who can name the other one

anyway the madras just feels like really soft, thin cotton. i actually thought it was nicer than the other shirts this season. the button down sizing is kind of cheesing me off though

it's kind of weird but that was one of two pieces last s/s that was sized up in production (e.g. if you wore medium everything else you'd get a small). e-props to anyone who can name the other one

realy? i tried on an XL and it was tight in the chest