Supreme 2009 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nike sb are already planning release of black and red (and royal?) bruins w/white swoosh for later in the year i think? supreme colorways aren't earth shattering but i think they look good in a basic sort of way w/out being too flashy or too boring (white would be too bland imo)

yup -black/white, then royal blue/white, then red/white, in sept, oct, nov respectively. The shoe isnt to replace the blazer low immediately, but i think eventually will phase it out depending on how the public takes it. As far as our store is concerned weve sold probably 250 b/w blazer highs in 07/08, and had a tough time selling more than 25 of the lows, so I welcome the bruin w/ open arms to hopefully spark that market. the supreme edition looks like a great kick off.

nike did the same thing w/the trainer tw2 by having supreme launch it and then follow it up w/subsequent standard nike sb releases of the shoe. come to think of it, were the supreme delta's and supreme blazers the first SB deltas and blazers or no? can't remember.[/

Yeah, this is a big reason for larger brands doing collaborations in the first place. They don't make a profit, they just need to break even, but they use the product/design story in the rest of their line. Vans does it too (Bad Brains).

^right..dunks were obviously already released when the supreme edition dropped, and i cant exactly recall the delta, but i do believe those and definitely blazers, trainers etc were all released as a supreme special edition shortly before the SB launch. pretty intelligent marketing.

I remember the navy ones with the purple swoosh coming right after the supreme blazers. That color seemed to get a lot of play, at least in NY.

Cant remember if it was the first general release or just the first one after the supreme blazers.

first general release was the all black w/ brown swoosh in 2005. i think the navy/purple ones were in spring 2006.

^ right on...i remember my rep sent me a pair of samples of the storms only he sent me 2 lefts...maybe he was trying to tell me something about my quality of skateboarding.

the supreme delta was a mid i guess as wellIi believe?

nike did the same thing w/the trainer tw2 by having supreme launch it and then follow it up w/subsequent standard nike sb releases of the shoe.

yeah, i was told that supreme were given carte blanche of any model to retro and nike sb would build a series of GRs around it. i don't know the extent to which that is true but it certainly would explain how a cross trainer ended up in the mix.

imo the trainer 2 tw was a really underrated release - esp the black one which, if not totally washable, has held up through many rain storms with nary a blemish (or midsole cracking, which seemed to upset the vvvvvvvnds-wear-once-then-sell crowd).

yeah, i was told that supreme were given carte blanche of any model to retro and nike sb would build a series of GRs around it. i don't know the extent to which that is true but it certainly would explain how a cross trainer ended up in the mix.

imo the trainer 2 tw was a really underrated release - esp the black one which, if not totally washable, has held up through many rain storms with nary a blemish (or midsole cracking, which seemed to upset the vvvvvvvnds-wear-once-then-sell crowd).

perfectly said! love the shoe

yup -black/white, then royal blue/white, then red/white, in sept, oct, nov respectively. The shoe isnt to replace the blazer low immediately, but i think eventually will phase it out depending on how the public takes it. As far as our store is concerned weve sold probably 250 b/w blazer highs in 07/08, and had a tough time selling more than 25 of the lows, so I welcome the bruin w/ open arms to hopefully spark that market. the supreme edition looks like a great kick off.

I think with the upcoming Janoski model as well, the Blazer's days are numbered.

Janoski's shoe and this Supreme Bruin (an early sample minus any Supreme branding) and both are quite sick.

I think with the upcoming Janoski model as well, the Blazer's days are numbered.

Janoski's shoe and this Supreme Bruin (an early sample minus any Supreme branding) and both are quite sick.

Yeah definitely- (^insinuating the LOWS). Its been said to me that the shoe just hasnt met expectations from the market. Ive been wearing the hybrid ones the last 3 weeks that clark did for the custom series and i really like those, not that the sole was ever really a major problem, but theyve been a nice change.

Im not much of a boat shoe type person but the janoski will definitely sell extremely well and im excited to see how it skates. I also heard omar is working on a shoe so itll be interesting to see what type of blazer concoction he undoubtedly comes up with.

apologies for the non supreme related jabber. i DO like the little stars on midsole of the supreme bruin, brings a nice subtle change up from the normal release.

Yeah definitely- (^insinuating the LOWS). Its been said to me that the shoe just hasnt met expectations from the market. Ive been wearing the hybrid ones the last 3 weeks that clark did for the custom series and i really like those, not that the sole was ever really a major problem, but theyve been a nice change.

i think the sole is exactly the problem with blazer lows - with a high you can get away with a chunky midsole but with the lows they look like a clunkiy version of the classic. if they put the blazer low colorways on the classics (instead of all the stupid ones they've done since the exorcist ones) i'm sure they would have done fine (issues of skate-appropriateness aside).

i think the hybrids used the verona sole, no? much better looking (other than that black and gum are a terrible combination)

ps - gazelle schmazelle, lovin that they brought back the campus 80

hybrid uses the sole from the harbor....the only thing i didnt like on the black/gum style was the yellow foxing stripe, they tried to make it jah with the orange and army inside hits...should have just left it clean and simple.

blazer low sole note we received the black/white as a qs in october and then as a normal release in december if i remember my months correctly, and i can def. tell they made an effort to slim it down a little bit. the thickness at the toe was noticably slimmer from the side on the later version. still not slim, but slimmer.

They revamped the classic for this holiday09 and are making a push with it again...it looks considerably slimmer all around from the presentation, sole especially. Im not very excited about the mid-top version, but we'll see how that goes.

remember when they used to change the stuffing inside the tongues almost every single month? dunks, team editions, and classics were all over the place, memory foam one month, then paper thin the next, etc.