Denham the jeanmaker (New from the makers of Blue Blood..)

Guest Selvage Seb.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody wearing this? I don't own any but one of the guys working there told me they're releasing a light weight Cone white oak denim for the summer, might be interesting to some.

Hi,

We are researching Denham for a project, creating a new Sub line for the brand. If you have experience with the clothing(good or bad). Let us know!! We like to have some input from you guys, people who know what they are talking about.

Also if you don't own a pair of Denham jeans, tell us what you like or dislike on the design/fabrics!

Thanks a lot!

I haven't worn the jeans. I have an excellent t-shirt made by them. The fit is excellent, and there are some interesting details that make it a little atypical.

So... All and all.. Why do I have the feeling that this brand is too... Over thought?

trying to hard to think of every aspect of the brand they could cover. That in the end.. I felt that it became... cute! :P

As for the name.. Denham.. Denim.. Denham Denim. It may sounds cool for the first 2 minutes but after a while it just gets annoying.

Denham makes their jeans how the Dutch like it. They overdesign the details a bit, so the jeans can be recognized from a distance.

Edited by Somar

For the audience here Denham should be a synonyme for a brand, trying to benefit from raw & selvage denim market growth. At least I feel like that. They are somewhat like N&F, ALD or APC. Probably a gateway drug for some, but also a fashion gimmick for those who just read that selvage denim is the new must-have and then move on. The design, like somar said, aims more at conservative (streetwear) fashionist guys. Not too edgy or radical, but still the brand can be distinguished from other brands. (Buttons, scissors logo etc. I see them quite often on the streets.)

I can't even speak about the designs of tops, I've seen some that looked quite good. The jeans seam to lack real craftmanship compared to japanese repro brands (at least I feel like that) and the detailing is too loud for my liking (thus aiming again at the fashionists - "look my selvage waistband!").

Even if it sounds harsh, in a mostly traditionalist audience like here it's still true - you have to build up creditbility slowly and steadily.

Edited by Max Power

• 10 months later...

Their store looks great, awesome job on the design and stuff.

But the jeans are to gimmicky for the real denimheads I guess.

They're great for introducing new people to the world of raw denim as a first experience though, because of the jeans being real European and modern cut and stuff.

Around here(Amsterdam) the vibe I get off their wearers is a transition guy..

He knows that there are selvedge jeans out there and expensive ones as well but he still wants something that will scream out that it was expensive. For the true denim head that would be a selvedge and a nice but not too loud back pocket.

For the Denham dude it is still bold buttons big logos an oddly shaped back pockets.

He will slowly turn to the denim dark side..

I like their jeans cuts and fabrics  but the gimmicky details and stuff turn me right off.

Some of their tops are really nice and they have made a great run of sweatshirts a couple of years ago weighing in at 1,5 kg for an XL sweatshirt.

They also had a great alteration,repair and chainstitch department at the back of the shop.

I have seen some changes in their HQ store and I haven't been in for quite a while..

Hope that it's still there..

Ohh and he forgot to tamp the coffee..

Pretty un Patrick Batemanesque...

Edited by aso2004

They seem typical of most denim brands which doesn't bother me.  Marketing is enough to get over with the masses.  Although the denim psycho video does have its moments. (I would like to see more of the gingers shirt) I think it's lame to be honest.  There are all kinds of crappy denim companies out there.  Just because one decides to produce selvedge crap instead of normal crap doesn't make it any better or any worse than the rest.  If people are foolish enough to buy it, then great for them.  You don't have to buy elite japanese to be happy with your jeans.  You don't have to fall prey to clever marketing campaigns or what is "hot" at the moment either.  If you get the most for your money, in the end you are always going to be happy.

A friend of mine has been wearing some Denham pairs the last couple years and I must admit that the outcome is actually really nice. Although, all the tacky and gimmicky details make it less attractive to denim 'purists', these jeans are still capable of producing some cool faded pairs.

A friend of mine has been wearing some Denham pairs the last couple years and I must admit that the outcome is actually really nice. Although, all the tacky and gimmicky details make it less attractive to denim 'purists', these jeans are still capable of producing some cool faded pairs.

I have a pair of non-raw Denhams, I have to say I really like them.  I totally agree with Regain as they're definitely not a "Denim purest" type of jean but they do have some interesting non-traditional features.  I also think these details can be over done and can look tacky on some models though.