Carhartt Streetwear

Artielives5

I tried seaching for a thread dedicated to Carhartt's european streetwear line, and was surpised how little coverage it's gotten. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find their stuff here in the states. I've seen a few of their things in online stores. Does anyone here own any of their things? If so, what are your thoughts on them? Also, where are their clothes made? If I remember correctly, most of Carhartt's stuff is made domesticly. But I could be wrong.

It was nice to find they're making high quality raglan sleeved sweatshirts. American apparel makes one too, but their fleece is way too thin! I also found what looked like some really nice duck canvas pants (like what carhartt is known for) except without all the extra stuff on it like hammer loops and such.

If the quality of their streetwear line is anything compared to their normal line, I'd be thrilled. But I still need to find a place that sells their stuff.

Been a big fan for Carhartt for a while and their hooded tops are fantastic. The thickness is unlike anything I have ever seen or tried on before. In the past couple of months I have bought an awesome jacket (that has beaten the strong winter winds hands down) and even a brown velvet/velour tracksuit top....awesome....on top of that, te Carhart store in London also has flyers on the counter pointing the way to their warehouse in Hackney (where stuff is between 30-50% cheaper)......in my opinion, one of the best, usable and pragmatic labels out there plus, affordable....icon_smile_tongue.gif

i pretty much run the carhartt section @ selfridges birmingham, all the stuff is top quality shit. the winter parka style jackets are very popular, along with their track jackets.

theres some tee's and jeans in the sale at the moment. waitin for the s/s 06 collection to come in now though.

• 9 months later...

There are a couple of pants in the current FW range which are made out of the 12oz (I think) Harrison Canvas but they're 5 pocket jeans. Carhartt Europe has made a number of work pants in the heavier Dearborn Canvas without the Single Knee Detail but there's nothing in the current range.

If you're anywhere near London then you might want to try the warehouse in Hackney (0208) 986 8875...

• 1 year later...
wow streetwear with xs sizes....argh how to cop

no kidding. some of their shit on the site for what ever season they have up looks really fuckin' nice. always thought of carhartt as the shit that the hick/mechanic/hillbilly kids at my school wear but now that i've found their street wear shit...UK proxy anyones?

carhartt streetwear sucks, made on license by some german company. The real orginal workwear is whats good, and can be worn "street" aswell.

That's how we A-meri-can kids did/do it...especially if you're from Queensbridge. Double-knee dungarees and a thick-ass hoodie...hat to match.

If you're anywhere near London then you might want to try the warehouse in Hackney (0208) 986 8875...

Here's a map of the location, it's between Mare St and London Fields. Get the tube to Bethnal Green and take the 106 up Mare St.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Ellingfort+Rd,+Hackney,+London+E8,+United+Kingdom&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=8.600986,21.862793&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=0,51.542425,-0.056392&z=16&om=0

It stocks old seasons' stuff at discounted rates, worth checking out if you're in the area. Ring ahead first however as it doesn't keep normal shop hours. From what I remember it's not very well signposted and easy to miss: keep your eyes open!

carhartt streetwear sucks, made on license by some german company. The real orginal workwear is whats good, and can be worn "street" aswell.

Sorry Bobo but you're wrong on a couple of counts. The holding company is Swiss not German and the terms of the license mean that the American company signs off all of the designs and contains stipulations that include manufacturing garments to a standard commensurate with the American product...

The American tops are cut short, wide and huge in the arm; fine if you're built like a builder or into that aesthetic but difficult to wear for most Europeans. I've got vintage pieces going back to the early 30's and all of them are either too short in the arm or too wide across the shoulders for me to wear without looking like I've forgotten to take the hanger out.

Yes I do work for Carhartt Streetwear... If anyone has any requests please pm me and I'll see what I can do.

You're all fucking wrong. Carhartt streetwear sucks FULL STOP. Shit's played out over in Europe, 2 years ago, why do us Americans want to jump on the bandwagon? It aspires to be something like Stussy and it fails. Their crossover with Bathing Ape was a joke and more so with Headporter.

Carhartt workwear is passable as it's fricken workwear uniform for some - it's durable and they don't have a choice when it comes to wearing it.

Who would want to choose to wear Carhartt is beyond me.

Possibly the european carhartt is passable quality, and "easier" cuts, but the american items (my last buy was the b11 pants in carhartt brown) are outstanding quality for the price. Really built to last. These pants are the first pants, denim or otherwise, ive actually felt "damn, these are abit too stiff right now, maybe i have to put them in the dryer to break them in".

Carhartt streetwear is really played out here, and I wish the license company would understand what is needed is more actual workwear inspiration instead of striped knits and screen printed tees. That can be done by anyone, but if its actully supposed to be "Carhartt", why not some more inspiration from the companys long history?

Do a remake of these :

1.jpg

http://www.e-workers.net/items/pants_carhartt/1.htm

and I would buy swiss carhartt aswell...

I completely share your sentiments Bobo regarding the influence of vintage pieces on the European collection and without wanting to land myself in trouble I'd like to see a lot more reworked American garments in the collection.

The problem is that we sell a tiny amount of the original workwear and if we were to produce blanked lined trousers in Carhartt brown I doubt we'd wholesale enough to reach the production minimum. On the other hand we sell loads of stripey sweaters and printed T's.

I'm slowly getting togther samples for a heritage exhibition we intend to hold in our London store in September this year, I'll post pictures as they arrive if you'd like.

• 1 year later...

i want some of the pants! :(

http://www.carhartt-streetwear.com/products/fw09/mens/pants

the slimfit twill/chino pants look better than the slimfit dickies

anyone know the pricing in europe? where2kop online (ship to usa)?

• 1 month later...

why doesnt carhartt do some real repros, like lvc or lee japan do. i am speaking of accurate repros with the right button and linings etc????

i have the chore coat, and i wish i could buy it with the troy mills kinda lining and the original buttons, and without the carhartt lable on the pocket. i hope i am not busting this thread