What year levis are these...

Handlethevibe

Damn!!! It appears that those jeans have twisted an opposite way than normal. I can't believe the definition of those creases. they would seem, to me, to be from the late 70s or early 80s.

wait. are there hidden rivets on the ass pockets? Is that a 505 on the jerky tag?

Edited by rnrswitch on Dec 31, 2005 at 09:09 PM

Is that a selvedge line that has been shredded due to wear and then someone attempted to sew it up?

I was just wonderin because paul t said they were early 70s. I was under the impression that levis jeans were still selvedge in the early 70s.

hi there, i did have a look at the photo's and i wonder if you could tell me a little bit more about the red tab,because as i can see (photo isn't that clear) you've got an collector's item.

the red tab has only the "circled r"on it , has it anything on it on the back of the red tab?

hope i've been of any help.

see ya Johnny

Edited by 501zxx on Jan 8, 2006 at 12:04 PM

The circle r is on a lot of 501s in general. It isn't really time specific. I think make jeans with that so they can claim the red tag alone is copyrighted and not just the name LEVIS.

they are post 80's.. thats my guess. i have a pair that is identical to it. extremely good denim.. better than my 2 other deadstock LVC's

the circle r is either special edition by levi's or it's one in whatever number to help tracking. the most popular saying is that it's 1 in 1000..

What rnrswitch said. It was introduced in the early 70s and is by no means rare.

501ZXX, it is not ever found on jeans from before then! It is most common on 70s little-e era jeans because, as others have pointed out, Levi's needed to have a lot of examples around to prove the tab alone is their trademark.

Edited by Paul T on Jan 10, 2006 at 04:17 AM