Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

On another note, my pair and I are going to be in Hawaii for the next week for our honeymoon (with the wife, not the jeans). Hopefully some more fit pics will ensue now that the fabric has settled down a bit.

Where are you going to be in Hawaii and when are you arriving? I live on Oahu though i'll be in Utah/California from 23 Feb- 06 Mar.

okay,personally after seeing the pictures myself, i think the jeans are a bit too short. lmk what you guys think. 1108 inseam shrunk from 34" to 31"

f_Picture061m_8ad4c88.jpg

f_Picture063m_58b03b7.jpg

f_Picture064m_f8936cc.jpg

btw thanks for the tip Moyyky, thats what I might just do, stretch an inch or two out of the inseams

SLAB first of all the fit is great!

When uncuffed the lenght is good, but cuffing them makes them a little on the short side, with boots like those RW's or White's that look works great imo.

With sneakers you best wear them without a cuff.

If it bothers you, like's been said just wet them again and stretch the inseam out, how long are you btw? (in cm)

Mine are in the machine as we speak, just soaked them for 2 hours in the hottest water available from the tap.

I'm really curious how they'll come out, especially about the inseam although with 35,5" it's longer to begin with then on your pair.

I went over to a special lady friend's house tonight and she asked me why my hands were so blue. I've been washing my hands so often and I still see the blue running off my hands in the sink. I've done a hot soak and a machine wash.

and I also tapered these. Yeah, I know...

Mich & almostnice, thanks for the comments. This weekend i'll try to stretch the inseams a bit. It's mostly because I'm not used to wearing my jeans so short; usually have a cuff of almost 2" with my raw denim. How do you guys go about? just make them wet/moist and pull them with your hands or hang weights on them?

The weird part is that i'm not tall, only 171 cm's. In his mail Gordon explained that after full shrinkage jeans would end up around 32.5" so I thought that would leave me plenty of cuff but after just a machine wash on 40 degrees celsius, they shrank to a 31"! It's weird that everyone else didn't have as much shrinkage with the inseam

Mich & almostnice, thanks for the comments. This weekend i'll try to stretch the inseams a bit. It's mostly because I'm not used to wearing my jeans so short; usually have a cuff of almost 2" with my raw denim. How do you guys go about? just make them wet/moist and pull them with your hands or hang weights on them?

The weird part is that i'm not tall, only 171 cm's. In his mail Gordon explained that after full shrinkage jeans would end up around 32.5" so I thought that would leave me plenty of cuff but after just a machine wash on 40 degrees celsius, they shrank to a 31"! It's weird that everyone else didn't have as much shrinkage with the inseam

Step evenly on one hem, hands on the waist (of the jeans!) and pull hard. Do this couple of times on both legs. Best results when they're almost dripping wet. :)

edit: quick measure, my 0105 (13.7oz) has 91cm inseam when stretched. These has been washed two times already. Length supposed to be 86 cm...

Its probably because most did a hot soak so far.In my experience a proper machinewash can alter the fit/lenght of raw denim much more than a soak.

sorry it didn't work out exhausted.

my pair arrived yesterday #030, I will start wearing today. I didn't get measurements because someone else already posted the measurements for sz31. I did measure the waist though, post soak ~80cm

Sorry I don't have pictures. I'm getting pictures taken on Wednesday. Promise.

IMG00078-20090221-1219.jpg

It would have been nice to get the pre soak measurements anyway since there seems to bee some diffrences especially in the length, some peoples are closer to 34 and some are even over 35 like mine where, could you at least measure the post soak measurements.

I just "hand washed" my pair in warm water without detergent to get more shrinkage out. i would at least like to get a bit off the inseam which were 33 " after the first soak.

Yeap yeap, that's it. I'm just too lazy to bother with the arcs and tabs this time. It's heartbreaking not to have my jeans for even one day! :)

I'll put in the contest number towards the end. I'm just gonna wear it for now.

If post-soak sz31 measurements would help anyone decide on their pair, I'd be more than glad to get my measuring tape out.

^^^^

yes, please measure them

I am just wondering will BiG drop the price back to 225 shipped? I got to this thread after pre-order period and the contest information was wiped in the first page. People should really tell me it's not a black jean when I asked. lol

The jean is def. black in BiG's website.

^^^^

yes, please measure them

I am just wondering will BiG drop the price back to 225 shipped? I got to this thread after pre-order period and the contest information was wiped in the first page. People should really tell me it's not a black jean when I asked. lol

The jean is def. black in BiG's website.

They are genuine indigo black!

This is very problematic situation... I see...

They are genuine indigo black!

This is very problematic situation... I see...

I donno, the website description didn't make sense to me.

It says indigo, but the pics show black and there's no info in the contest front page. So, I didn't order.

Besides, I don't really know my size that well.

If it's low rise I need about sz 31-32

If it's high rise I need sz 30-31 and I have thick thighs.