Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

More repairs...

pa050104.jpg

Redid the backrise stitching today with BiG thread. Took out some crappy wallgreens sewing kit thread that I used originally... The orange thread on the inseams is leftover Nudie thread from a couple years ago.

pa050105.jpg

pa050106.jpg

And then some minor repairs on the pocket stitching. The backpocket one was very tough to get the needle through, resulting in a pretty crappy repair job.

pa050114n.jpg

pa050109.jpg

Frontpockets

pa050113.jpg

pa050112.jpg

pa050111.jpg

pa0501002.jpg

HaGa, i've come to realize that the best needles to use are the ones you can get from a beauty supply store. they have 3 advantages to the bullshit joints you get in sewing kits:

1. they are big&thick, so they don't break easily when sewing through multiple layers of tough denim,

2. they are curved, so you don't need a thimble,

3. they are cheap, like a buck a piece.

any place where hoes buy hair weave should have them. i say buy 3, so you never have to worry. you can get through those back-pocket corners real good with these. i just sewed a strip across the yoke stitching since i was tired of wearing away the stitching. when my wife came home and saw my ass she was like''what the hell?" this morning when i was on the way out the door rocking my handmade utility pouch(i haven't broken it out in a year) she burst out laughing and told me i was ''out of my fucking mind''. last night she made jokes all night about how my next 3 children will be named ''full,count, and selvage'' respectively. . i was so proud she remembered the word ''selvage'', i was speechless! she loves to make fun of my denim obsession.

Haga's on the loose with a needle! shit, good job man. See, here in The Commonwealth, you can find a shop like the one Salaami's referrin to without havin to venture too far. If you want, I can procure some. Personally, i use the Walgreens kit (comes with 3 curved needles, 3 straight), but I ONLY use the straights. for the harder and more rigorous shit, i put some gaffers tape on my thumb and use the thinest needle.

now, here's the funny part. i've been thinking about gettin a sewing machine. (this is when you know yer denim obsessions are gettin the best of you) my gf has one, but it's super complicated and confusing, so much so, that she prefers to sew by hand or have her mom do it. the other night while we were out enjoyin some food and beverages, i admitted that i wanted to get a sewing machine AND find somewhere to take classes on how to sew. a bit perplexed, she said, "so you can repair your jeans?". I said, "no, chainstitch'em bitch, so i can hem them." Of course I meant it in an endearing way.

^^^pics, please!

friend of mine is borrowing my lens but i guess i could find some way to take a picture using carefully positioned mirrors and an etch-a-sketch

but on the real, i need fat people jeans, where can i find others with a thigh of ~13" at a waist of ~32?

:(

friend of mine is borrowing my lens but i guess i could find some way to take a picture using carefully positioned mirrors and an etch-a-sketch

but on the real, i need fat people jeans, where can i find others with a thigh of ~13" at a waist of ~32?

I have Eternal 874s in a 32 and Edwin Waynesville in a 31. The Eternals have thighs of around 13, the Edwins slightly bigger.

now, here's the funny part. i've been thinking about gettin a sewing machine. (this is when you know yer denim obsessions are gettin the best of you) my gf has one, but it's super complicated and confusing, so much so, that she prefers to sew by hand or have her mom do it. the other night while we were out enjoyin some food and beverages, i admitted that i wanted to get a sewing machine AND find somewhere to take classes on how to sew. a bit perplexed, she said, "so you can repair your jeans?". I said, "no, chainstitch'em bitch, so i can hem them." Of course I meant it in an endearing way.

sounds familair, i recently got my moms old sewing machine thinking how hard can that shit be but i'm still figuring out how to use it. (no manual) I'll just have to ask her and have her explain it to me step by step.

Put a pair of modern 505s on last night to take the setter out bird hunting. As soon as I got home, they had to come off and the 0105Cs go back on. Couldn't believe how much I now dislike the jeans I've worn for years, and how completely spoiled I've been made over the past seven months by my Full Counts. Japanese denim from here on out.

^^^ i know, the cotton just feels shitty now, doesn't it? the round walgreens needles are cool, but the hair-weave needles are mad thick. i've used them bitches to sew through like 4-6 layers of 19oz. samurai denim without them bitches breaking. if anyone wants some i can hook it up, they are mad cheap. they shouldn't be hard to find, bald-headed bitches are everywhere! damn TV, i tried to keep from spitting my drink all over the monitor, and juice almost squirted out my nose...out of rep today, but it'll get to ya.

does anybody here miss Klue & Co updates? been awhile. . .

I'll be interested to see Klue's jeans. As much as I mother fucked their initial paint job and the antics to create wear, the jean's semi-washed out appearance in the last pic he posted wasn't too bad.

here comes the second best part of wakin up in the morning. . .putting my FC's back on. you'll have to ask my gf what the first part was. . .

i know what you mean, i had to bounce out mad early this morning, and didn't have time for the ole' morning wood. so i told my wife i was full of semen, and that i'd be home for a great lunch-break. putting on the FC after a wash(i was in a big-rig junkyard all yesterday, and got truck oil on my thighs dr. bronners got it all out) still started off the day well...now for some chronic & coffee(the breakfast of champions). klue's jeans are probably still good, since his repair skills are fucking outstanding. nice to see you here beatle, i don't know how much you are into boys, but i still want to go 1/2 on a baby:D

Also I think some LVCs may work

untungl,as this is a Fullcount thread you should have a look at BIG's FC sizechart.the 0105c I own myself measures 13,75 on a W32 before wash.shrinkage is 0.5.

untungl,as this is a Fullcount thread you should have a look at BIG's FC sizechart.the 0105c I own myself measures 13,75 on a W32 before wash.shrinkage is 0.5.

Oh, I guess the first post doesn't have the cut on there. I've got a pair of the 0105c's myself :)

Just looking for others similar to it actually! I went TTS last year (30) but it looks like I'll have to move up to prolly 31-32 now

maybe it's just me, but i'd keep going. these jeans are supertuff. i have a few iffy spots but it's been holding up well for the past few months. u gonna rotate your FC's in when u get the Ooe's?

Depends on how the Ooes fit. They're going to tight as shit on me, maybe too tight to wear to work. If that's the case I'll just keep wearing my fc to work and wear the Ooes whenever I'm not working.

By the way, the machine wash suddenly shrank them alot. Waist and inseam are 34 and 36, down from 37 and 39...

Any idea why the 0105s are showing such a large amount of leg twist in the left leg, and pretty minimal twist in the right? Not that I'm complaining. Just wondering, since I've got my Warehouse 800s on today, and the left leg is twisted only a little bit more than the right on them.