Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

cheers Alex,but they are not back for now.

all we know is that damaged package from me arrived at The Clerks house,but as he will be back there end of this week we dont know if there is any damgage or even one of the pairs missing.i was clever enough to leave the pricetag on my friends brandnew skulls,which reads that is discounted from 239.-€ to 90,-.so if any scum wants to steal one of the jeans he would hopefully take his instead of my wornout lookin one,hehehe!

and dont forget they will have to made all the dangerous journey back.

I can't believe its only another 4 weeks untill the end of the contest for me (02/13); will probably keep wearing these intermittently for another while, they still have a ton of life left.

looks like you should iron them, brownmetallic.

am i the only one in the contest who has been neglecting these? i haven't worn these since i got my mfxsc dungarees :(

They've definitely falling into more of a rotation phase for me.. i went from going with one pair of jeans for a year to having 4 pairs to rotate through, giving them a bit more wear for the end of the contest tho..

I gave mine a wash last week which revealed some heavily worn out spots in the crotch, and the backpocket is finally succumbing to my wallet... They're going to need some proper repairs and patching now, I hope my tailor Arlene will be able to do a rush job on them instead of the usual 5-8 day turnaround...

I gave mine a wash last week which revealed some heavily worn out spots in the crotch, and the backpocket is finally succumbing to my wallet... They're going to need some proper repairs and patching now, I hope my tailor Arlene will be able to do a rush job on them instead of the usual 5-8 day turnaround...

Had to do a little suturing along the inside seam of the left leg up near the crotch of my jeans over the weekend. Results were primitive and probably won't hold up that long, but I was pleased with how I did, especially since I haven't touched a thread and needle since home ec class back in jr high (20 years ago)! Thankfully everwhere else on the jeans is holding up well and I shouldn't need any further repairs as we head down the home stretch.

Good luck with Arlene, hopefully she get your jeans back to you in a couple days.

Am I only one who thinks these look odd?
i figured it out. it's got those funny lookin lines across the lap and behind the knees. . .

@Duke__ don't know if you're talking about the horizontal whiskers shooter pointed out... lol. these started really tight as i was W32 when i pre-ordered, but gain some poundage by the time i got them. i was trying to exchange with a W33 but none left and every1 who got them kept theirs. almost, gave up [hence the late start].

in essence, they're unintentionally sized down, so whiskers are straight and more taut than than normal. never had any pair fade this way, but i kinda like it. they'll prolly peak their prime in another 6 mos or so of effective use.

btw, tnx for the comments,ppl !

The fullcounts got their first professional repair yesterday. My tailor Arlene is great, she does all my denim repairs very well. She did a same-day rushjob on mine yesterday.

The damage:

p1280105w.jpg

p1280107.jpg

The repair:

p1280113.jpg

Barely visible from the outside

p1280102.jpg

I also left her some BiG cotton thread and she used it to repair some stitching on the backrise and pockets that was coming undone...

double checking to make sure everything's secured before throwing them fo a 4th wash tomorrow.

ScanPic364.jpg

ScanPic380.jpg

added reinforcement stitches behind the back+front+coin pockets.

RenfoWeave.jpg

did some invisible fix w/o using patch: weft fray @back that could result to a nasty tear aborted ... i hope?!

My year also ends in two weeks and I'm thinking about what to buy next. Lately (since christmas) I find myself unbuttoning the top button alot and haven't been wearing them at work since they are a bit too faded now for that. But these last days I will do my best. Also planning on borrowing a camera for decent final pics. Can't decide if I'll wash them "one last time" before that though...