Clothing for The Great Outdoors

hmph you're right, the feedback is shoddy, worth a shot if it isn't too high, and then maybe we'll see. has a lot of gems though, worth peeking at.

German army moleskins (i posted some half assed pick earlier). Mid heavy twill, rugged construction, tapered, pretty slimmish fit, understated cargo pockets. Cheap on ebay .uk or .de.

http://www.e-explorer.jp/shopdetail/...021/000/price/

I really would like some french m-47 pants though, but have been unable to find any.

Thanks for that bobo, will look into it.

I've also been looking at Woolrich's cargos but not sure if I want to shell out 250 for a pair of cargo pants I'm planning to thrash on trips.

Has anyone seen this anorak before? Oh how I envy the japanese. Contacting Mountain Equpiment in the UK to see if I can get some luck.

img10324025936.gif

someone talk me out of spending $600 on a arc'teryx sidewinder sv. i only sky like 3 times a year, and i have no plans to do any backcountry camping anytime soon. i don't need it, right?

Because a Norrona is half the price

http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/Norr%F8na-Svalbard-Dri3-Jacket-Mens/NRA0073M.html?CMP_ID=SH_FRO001&CMP_SKU=NRA0073&mv_pc=r126

God-awful time in St. Andrews this weekend with my Vintage 60/40 L.L. Bean Parka. 1, soaked through literally 15 minutes into the rain, 2, red plaid inside faded onto my shirt, which thank goodness was a cheap Uniqlo oxford.

Weird to say this, but DON'T wear your vintage great outdoors clothing for the great outdoors.

I figured this question will be best answered here.

Anyone know the name of the circular leather piece on the drawstrings of 60/40 jackets?

Just got a vintage woolrich 60/40 but one of the pieces is missing and I'm looking to replace it.

are they called cord locks?

I have a massive maybe 90's Gregory pack that I traveled through Europe with. However, the next pack down that I own is my Fjallraven Kanken. I needed to fill a void so I went the tamarack route and got myself a beautiful Fjallraven Vintage 30L pack, check it out:

4078399150_fc4f2d4ec7.jpg

4077645897_5ec1bbdb28.jpg

4077646033_0b4b3c8477.jpg

4078399484_9f665c2dbf.jpg

I honestly love the thing. It's great at that it holds a lot of things, it's a toploader so A, you don't have that many ways for water to seep in, and B, pickpocketers have a hell of a time with it. Built exceptionally well and with a little wax, it's probably very close to waterproof.

Picked this one up at OiPolloi. Nigel was an awesome dude, and the other guy there (forgot his name!) was kind enough to give me a stick of the Fjallraven wax. Awesome people. I decided to pick this tailmate pack up. Super hard to find outside of Japan according to them and my own minor research. Built like you'd expect it to be built.

4078398522_8be77e647d.jpg

4077645299_f91791efa6.jpg

4077645399_1d95c7346d.jpg

4078398988_8554529d9f.jpg

Damn Vamks. Nice haul there. Particularly the Gregory lumbar pack. I always think about bringing my 90's face one out again, but I'm not sure where it's gone. Racked from T&T or EMS backwhen. Was great for holding 3 or 4 tall cans too...

Good stuff.

In regards to that vest from UO, I just passed on a blue "made in USA" vest by Cannondale (related to the bike company? didn't look like it) in navy blue with a similar pocket arrangement. Had some stains I wasn't feeeling though...

INSTEAD...I got another weird piece: It's an non-branded "made in USA" wading coat/rain jacket. One side is salmon colored rubber, the other is as tightly woven olive cotton twill. Fully reversible, two regular snap pocketss and a chest pocket on the left hand side only. The fit is crazy, but I really like it. Olive side out, with the salmon peeking out from the hood iss pretty nasty.

Best part: 6 dollars.

Damn Vamks. Nice haul there. Particularly the Gregory lumbar pack. I always think about bringing my 90's face one out again, but I'm not sure where it's gone. Racked from T&T or EMS backwhen. Was great for holding 3 or 4 tall cans too...

Good stuff.

In regards to that vest from UO, I just passed on a blue "made in USA" vest by Cannondale (related to the bike company? didn't look like it) in navy blue with a similar pocket arrangement. Had some stains I wasn't feeeling though...

INSTEAD...I got another weird piece: It's an non-branded "made in USA" wading coat/rain jacket. One side is salmon colored rubber, the other is as tightly woven olive cotton twill. Fully reversible, two regular snap pocketss and a chest pocket on the left hand side only. The fit is crazy, but I really like it. Olive side out, with the salmon peeking out from the hood iss pretty nasty.

Best part: 6 dollars.

Thanks man, I was surprised UO had decent stuff. I don't even know why I stumbled into it but I ended up being pretty satisfied.

Show us the jacket man, description sounds sick.