Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

WTF is up with all these seams coming undone? Has anyone contacted Shinichi-san about this, and a possible solution to these problems. I also got a pair right around when Kixslf did, however ride a bike everyday... Guess my crotch will be blowing extra early this time. This is just too bad, hopefully Shinichi-san will come through with some sort of solution.

WTF is up with all these seams coming undone? Has anyone contacted Shinichi-san about this, and a possible solution to these problems. I also got a pair right around when Kixslf did, however ride a bike everyday... Guess my crotch will be blowing extra early this time. This is just too bad, hopefully Shinichi-san will come through with some sort of solution.

solution? there's really not that much you can do, unless you want to restitch every thread.

Example soluton, not sure how realistic it is but: First Skull needs to figure out whats going wrong with the stich, and once they fix the problem, maybe offer some sort of discount on another pair of jeans with the updated stiching for those that recieved a "faulty" pair. On second thought, this might be a bit drastic, but hey - its a start.

This is one of those times when you little fuckers need to decide what you want. If you want an authentic A2 repro Aero will make one with cotton thread, but it won't come with the same warranty as one made with modern thread. Same thing here, want a nice pair of authentic jeans using cotton thread, get Skulls, if you'd rather not hassle with it, you can get Rustlers any at walmart.

^^^^

Frankly I don't give a shit about authenticity. I want a pair of jeans that fits well, has great denim, and is of an overall good quality (i.e. is worth the money).

If I really wanted an authentic repro type jean, wouldn't I be getting some LVCs or sugarcanes? What sort of old jean had a fit like the 5010XX??? If there is one I doubt it would have been very common.

If Skull are down with modern fits, I don't see why they wouldn't be into more modern inovations like better quality thread. The argument that they're traditionalists becomes paradoxical.

Besides, isn't part of the appeal of Japaense repros the attention to detail and overall quality, not just details like thread type? Of course, some people really appreciate those authentic details, particularly stuff like hidden rivets, etc, but I'd say a lot of people around here are into Japanese denim because they think/hope it will be of a superior quality to other stuff. Hence the widespread misconception that selvedge = better quality.

I'm sure a denim company can find a balance between modern cuts, great quality in construction, and an aesthetic grounded in traditional denim (such as dying technique, excellent fading potential, details like hidden rivets etc).

If you don't believe that is possible, then look at a company like Imperial. Their jeans might not be perfect, but I think they're doing pretty well at achieving that balance.

And Imperial jeans are pretty far from Rustlers. Honestly, how are Skulls and Rustlers even comparable?

If it makes me "a little fucker" just because I want something that looks good and is of a decent quality then so be it.

I too am for modernized threads versus the cotton...as Chapital stated...if Skulls are doing modern fits, why not use modern threads? I'd rather all of that sick attention paid to quality denim fabric, dye, fit, selvedge, etc...but you can hold on to that dinky cotton thread that falls apart after some good wear.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...but if it breaks, why not improve that?

Hey everybody,

I just put up my 5508XX 6X6 One-Wash size 27 in the SuperMarket for $185 USD.

They have the original red tab and are in perfect condition.

Go here to see the Supermarket post:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=28094

05.jpg

I am only selling these because I found a pair of deadstock 517 Levi's that will be taking over duties as my 'bootcut' pair of jeans. Otherwise, the Skulls are perfect and awesome.

Thanks

-

Kevin

I think they use 100% cotton because they belive it is better quality, quality and durability arent always the same thing...

Shinichi already answered this question a few pages back. They use cotton thread because they and their customers like that vintage look it gives. As the denim fades, so does the thread also.

It's easy to fix those spots with polycotton thread by yourselves.

^yup thats pretty much the reason why, Naoto once was telling me how the thing he disliked about nudies was how the nylon stitching was so bright and as the jeans faded the stitching still remianed bright. Maybe its a japanese thing?

That's actually a pretty cool reason I hadn't thought of. If only they could produce strong, polycotton (or equivalent) thread that faded like cotton.

It doesn't really bother me too much whether or not the stitching fades as much as the denim, but it's a reason I can understand.

I guess the other option is using no contrast stitching (still probably some prolems with the denim fading to a lighter colour). I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to that, but it's a pretty different aesthetic to the vintage look.

Oh god. Time to newb it up.

Ok, before I get negrepped to shit, I checked 10+ pages back and I'm afraid since no-one can come to a consensus on sizing I'm going to have to ask.

I'm getting a pair of 5010 1-wash greys. My concerns are: Waist size, I'm getting people saying true waist is WAY too tight (the pic a few pages back) others think it's good. I'm a true 31.5, I was thinking of getting the 32. Good call?

Taper: I find my dior 19cm raws (32 waist) are great at the top, but taper a little too much for my liking. Advice from others have indicated that the taper is closer to the 21cms, which I'm ok with, but I'd like another opinion.

Oh god. Time to newb it up.

Ok, before I get negrepped to shit, I checked 10+ pages back and I'm afraid since no-one can come to a consensus on sizing I'm going to have to ask.

I'm getting a pair of 5010 1-wash greys. My concerns are: Waist size, I'm getting people saying true waist is WAY too tight (the pic a few pages back) others think it's good. I'm a true 31.5, I was thinking of getting the 32. Good call?

Taper: I find my dior 19cm raws (32 waist) are great at the top, but taper a little too much for my liking. Advice from others have indicated that the taper is closer to the 21cms, which I'm ok with, but I'd like another opinion.

Are you absolutely sure your true waist is a 31.5? Because my true waist is a 31.5 and I wear 29 in Dior which are huge now, and would thus suggest a 30 one washed in the Skulls for a good fit (that is what I purchased, at least). Since the grey's 'might' be tighter and you probably don't want it too tapered, you could go with a 31 O/W to be safe, but 32 is too much i think.

Are you absolutely sure your true waist is a 31.5? Because my true waist is a 31.5 and I wear 29 in Dior which are huge now, and would thus suggest a 30 one washed in the Skulls for a good fit (that is what I purchased, at least). Since the grey's 'might' be tighter and you probably don't want it too tapered, you could go with a 31 O/W to be safe, but 32 is too much i think.

Ok.

I think the 31's are it then.

Regarding the taper, how did you feel it compared to the dior 19s?