Imperial Jeans

nairb49

I got my Kings in today. they have legs that are a little wider than a rescue/english I think. They might have a slight bootcut, like 1" wider but I'm not sure, i think they were just folded weird during the trip. Def. a great loose jean for the price, I wouldn't buy a RR selvage or SS selvage when you could get these for 100 less. They are pretty cool, I'm def. satisfied.

my 36's measured about 35.5 (imagine that, correct sizing) They fit 'normal' i guess, hopefully they don't stretch out too much.

got the kings in a 32 and i love them to death, what are some other jeans with the exact same measurements as these? these fit so well, im probably never going to take them off.

also, will they wear like the apc's and just fade? or will the whiskers and honeycombs get defined? i dont plan on washing these for a long time

Got my size 32 Dukes today and I am very impressed. Here are the plusses

<ul>

[*]Perfect Fit

[*]Ecru selvage denim

[*]Very irregular weave

[*]thick and bright cotton stitching

[*]wide belt loops

[*]can't see the bottom of the J stitch when they are on, which is masculine looking

[*]Perfect front pocket depth

[*]Perfect rise

[*]Great leather tag

Minuses

<ul> [*]Flat Copper rivets would be awesome

[*]Single stitched back pockets would be nice

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Feb 13, 2006 at 09:15 PM

'stacked' like they bunch up well at the bottom of the leg.

my 36 kings have a length of a solid 36". 35.5 waist.

The King has a VERY slight bootleg, prob. similar to RR. I don't notice it, prob. could've left it straight. prob. won't notice if you have to hem yours.

Edited by obsessis on Feb 13, 2006 at 09:58 PM

cool. I moved to Petaluma in 2001 or so. The River House was the Victorian restaurant on the river, I'm guessing? That's changed hands a lot -- for a while it was The Girl and the Fig, that Argentinian restaurant that got a lot of rave reviews (but really wasn't that great, IMO) and now it's some weird-ass Kentucky barbecue place that charges like $25 for a plate of ribs... (??)

next time you're in Petaluma, swing by Le Bistro, on Petaluma Blvd, down near the entrance to 101. Check Google for exact address. UNBELIEVABLY good French fusion food, and really good prices -- most of the entrees are $12 - 16. Totally tiny place, one chef, has been there since 1984 (maybe 87)? Amazing.

God I miss Californian food.

Quote:

thats strange...

not to cause you any concern minya, you normally take a 34 right?

cause i got a pair of 32 dukes that fit me perfectly and i normally take a 31. I'm assuming they size them differently for washed/raw since mine are washed.

just a thought

--- Original message by nairb49 on Feb 14, 2006 06:33 AM

well, my Eternals are size 34, but they're more like an actual size 32, and Nudie 34's are way too big for me (I'd need a size 32 in Nudie)... so I'm hoping the Imperials work out for me.

My new Imperial KINGS that I just picked up yesterday at Nomad in Toronto

I appologize in advance about the quality as I am new to posting pics online.

I am really impressed at the quality of the denim. I have a pair of nudies that I have wore a year now that have developed a small hole in the crotch, hopefully these jeans won't do that.

IMG_4093.jpg