Imperial Jeans

nairb49

Here are a pair of imperial KINGS that I picked up last night at Nomad

IMG_4093.jpg

I am really impressed at the quality of denim used on these jeans. I really hope the will last as I thought my nudies were great quality until I saw a couple of holes developing in the crotch. Hopefully it won't happen to these jeans

Just got my pair in the mail last week. I live in San Francisco have worn it for a couple days. My initial impressions

30 Duke Raw.

+'s

- they have a good fit and a low-medium rise.

- I like the pocket stitching, it's not too gaudy.

- Ecru weft, so it looks a little different from most selvege denim that i've seen.

- Definitely worth the 150-160 that i paid to get it shipped here.

- the cut is in my view, like a narrower APC standard with a lower rise and more straight, although i feel like they are not completely straight, there's a little taper from the waist to the upper thigh.

-'s

- I don't like the leather brand tag on the back (and i'm thinking of taking it off) because it's so thick and it's too much of a wannabe to the Levis tag.

- really stiff denim, and for some reason, harder to honeycomb than my APC's, it feels heavier/thicker.

- Back pockets a little bigger than i like.

Quote:

Got my size 32 Dukes today and I am very impressed. Here are the plusses

<ul>

[*]Perfect Fit

[*]Ecru selvage denim

[*]Very irregular weave

[*]thick and bright cotton stitching

[*]wide belt loops

[*]can't see the bottom of the J stitch when they are on, which is masculine looking

[*]Perfect front pocket depth

[*]Perfect rise

[*]Great leather tag

Minuses

<ul> [*]Flat Copper rivets would be awesome

[*]Single stitched back pockets would be nice

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Feb 13, 2006 09:14 PM

serge what do you mean by irregular weave denim?

Here are a few more pics I took with better lighting.

Denim R, I took a pic with my shoes on. In my opinion, I think you may need wider or fatter shoes with the KINGS since they are a slightly looser jean. I tried them on with my narrower shoes(lacoste and vans) but the leg opening of the KINGS allows the denim to go under the shoe.

Actually I was told that the DUKES were similar to the slim jims so I didn't even try them on since I can't pull that look off so I didn't even try on the DUKES at Nomad. Is that true? I am kinda thinking that the KINGS are a little too baggy now. Some of the pictures you guys have taken with the DUKES don't look that slim. Kinda like a 501 fit.

Anyhow before I forget to post the pics here they are.

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

Quote:

Hey s3lam, and everyone else for that matter:

Iron the selvage flat with a hot iron, full steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Feb 15, 2006 12:40 AM

what do you mean? are you talking about if your selvage is curled/folded the wrong way? (from seeing it in the picture?) will the steam/heat from an iron mess up dry denim?

info takes a while to get back to emails. he will email you if he has your jeans. if he doesn't he'll wait until he has more information about it.

Edited by obsessis on Feb 15, 2006 at 01:35 PM

Quote:

Iron the selvage flat with a hot iron, full steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will ironing the selvage seam wash out the nasty brown starch color?

My D'artisans had a pretty blue selvage edge but now the ecru threads are stained starch brown...

Quote:
Quote:

what do you mean? are you talking about if your selvage is curled/folded the wrong way? (from seeing it in the picture?) will the steam/heat from an iron mess up dry denim?

info takes a while to get back to emails. he will email you if he has your jeans. if he doesn't he'll wait until he has more information about it.

Edited by obsessis on Feb 15, 2006 at 01:35 PM

--- Original message by obsessis on Feb 15, 2006 01:33 PM

if you want some nice, uniform railroad tracks to fade in along the outside seam, it's a good idea to press the selvage flat on a brand new pair of jeans. i've never had problems with the steam or heat messing up dry denim (no indigo has bled onto the ironing board). i've even repressed selvage on jeans that have been worn for a long time - you just need to be careful near the honeycombs/creases to preserve them.

Quote:

i decided to back out on my purchase of the blue raw dukes, so if anyone is looking for a pair of 32, they might have a pair in stock again.

ím gonna hold out and grab a pair of indigo stitched once they get them in.

--- Original message by nairb49 on Feb 15, 2006 07:02 PM

Probably a dumb question, but what are the indigo stitched? And yeah, I tried searching, hehe.

Quote:

i have no idea how mine were shipped. took a hella long time though.

pg2g-indigo stitched applies to the back pocket stitching, instead of gold thread, they use indigo coloured thread.

--- Original message by nairb49 on Feb 15, 2006 08:09 PM

Oh, and they have raw ones like that coming out soon? That may be better for me, since I'm not too fond of the back pocket stitching.