Imperial Jeans

nairb49

cheers! hm, i do like a loose fit jeans but i prefer when the leg is at least straight or maybe slightly tapered so it nicely sets off your shoes. but they only do those two styles, duke and king, right?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

can anyone with a size 30 or 31 on the kings post a few legs measurements for me? i've been waiting forever for a response from info

--- Original message by chadler on Mar 7, 2006 02:18 PM

Anywhere online or stores that take phone orders where i can get a sz 33 or 34 in the Kings? Please help.

--- Original message by Hustla on Mar 7, 2006 06:31 PM

Call up Nomad in Toronto, or e-mail them. They'll help you out. Mad expensive though.

--- Original message by LanceP on Mar 7, 2006 06:35 PM

Anyone know the number or email for Nomad? The site is apparently down right now. Thanks

Quote:

yep, just the two. i'm in the same boat as you, liking straight leg jeans. it's not bad, i'm just not used to it yet. the pair of jeans is pretty nice, i really like the denim, just wish the cut was a tad slimmer and straight.

--- Original message by obsessis on Mar 8, 2006 05:34 AM

sound like you need the duke obsessis.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

can anyone with a size 30 or 31 on the kings post a few legs measurements for me? i've been waiting forever for a response from info

--- Original message by chadler on Mar 7, 2006 02:18 PM

Anywhere online or stores that take phone orders where i can get a sz 33 or 34 in the Kings? Please help.

--- Original message by Hustla on Mar 7, 2006 06:31 PM

Call up Nomad in Toronto, or e-mail them. They'll help you out. Mad expensive though.

--- Original message by LanceP on Mar 7, 2006 06:35 PM

Anyone know the number or email for Nomad? The site is apparently down right now. Thanks

--- Original message by Hustla on Mar 8, 2006 09:25 AM

The e-mail address and phone number are on the site, even though it's down. It's at the bottom.

Quote:

Now does anyone know if Brad Pitt is wearing imperials or PRPS? I'd really like to know, and whichever one they are; where can you get those jeans in LA? Thx.

--- Original message by jaberz on Mar 8, 2006 12:01 PM

do you mean the real Brad Pitt or are you referring to the Brad Pitt on here?

No, I didnt realize there was a guy on here that went by 'brad pitt'. I was referring to the real person. Cause I have seen a few pictures of Mr. Pitt with some sweet looking denims; one was black with alot of fade, another is a blue with some darted tailoring on the knees. I think the are PRPS or something else maybe? But basically he owns some of the nicest jeans I've seen so far.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

uhh, the Nomad site isn't down?

http://www.nomadshop.net

--- Original message by minya on Mar 8, 2006 08:25 PM

Well not down, just non-functional pretty much. Can't really do anything with it except get info about the store.

--- Original message by LanceP on Mar 8, 2006 08:28 PM

That is its intended function.

--- Original message by minya on Mar 8, 2006 10:47 PM

Oh, I thought it was safe to expect to look through a store's offered products on their site.

Quote:

No, I didnt realize there was a guy on here that went by 'brad pitt'. I was referring to the real person. Cause I have seen a few pictures of Mr. Pitt with some sweet looking denims; one was black with alot of fade, another is a blue with some darted tailoring on the knees. I think the are PRPS or something else maybe? But basically he owns some of the nicest jeans I've seen so far.

--- Original message by jaberz on Mar 8, 2006 09:54 PM

oh, then in that case...a picture would really help. i'm sure he owns many MANy jeans. and there are probably a billion pictures of him

Quote:
Quote:

yep, just the two. i'm in the same boat as you, liking straight leg jeans. it's not bad, i'm just not used to it yet. the pair of jeans is pretty nice, i really like the denim, just wish the cut was a tad slimmer and straight.

--- Original message by obsessis on Mar 8, 2006 05:34 AM

sound like you need the duke obsessis.

--- Original message by Denim R on Mar 8, 2006 03:52 PM

Indeed, i have sent him an email asking to order a pair. not sure if i should get 36 or 35. i have a 36 king, i don't need to wear a belt but I do. I think I like the way the waist fits but I could def. fit a 35.

Quote:

i've tried on the kings and the dukes in 32 raw, and i own the 32 in washed duke.

32 kings fit more like a 33 on the waist, and the 32 dukes fit like a 30 before stretch, and they end up at 32.

--- Original message by nairb49 on Mar 9, 2006 06:06 AM

That is good info. My 36 kings are just slightly looser than I'd like them to be. if I got the 36 duke it'd be about perfect after stretching, correct?

<bump>

since i've learned so much from this thread, i have to share this with you guys...

i just ordered a pr of 32w raw dukes and one of the purple shirts (w/ the crown and the doves).

fresh info from info:

*mail order to the US will cease after current old stock is depleted. even-sized raw indigo dukes w/ yellow stitching still available. i did not ask about kings or washed, sorry.

*raw, black selvage is dropping exclusively in n. america soon. info's not sure where yet, but i'd assume nomad will get some, since they seem to be the only current NA stockist.

*indigo stitched models supposed to drop later this year, but no definitive dates yet.

*the t-shirts on the site are still available, though only 60 of each color were made.

*price for raw dukes shipped to US has bumped to $220AUD standard / $250AUD express due to problems with the previous courier. type "XXXAUD in USD" into google for the current exchange rate. this is still one hell of a deal as far as i'm concerned.

that's it.

as others have noted in this thread, if you want info to respond to you, you need to be patient, write short emails and not ask a zillion questions. good luck everyone!

FINALLY got my Dukes in. Fricking Canada Post charged me $15 in customs fees, WTF? Whatever.

Anyway, to echo the sentiments already posted, they are fantastic jeans. The denim is really nice, and interestingly, the ecru thread is very clearly ecru (in contrast to the indigo threads, the ecru threads look almost yellow).. cool effect.

The denim is also quite soft. These are definitely not as starchy as Japanese jeans or even Nudies. Nice change.

However... I hope I didn't order the wrong size. I ordered size 32, and I can JUST BARELY put them on... and it feels like the buttons are about to burst, and they crunch my hips. icon_smile_blackeye.gif I'm guessing they should stretch to fit me comfortably (my SD-103s, which were absolutely brutal at first, are now quite comfortable and even a tad bit loose..).. but.. if anyone out there has either a raw or washed indigo Duke in size 34, I'll consider a trade.

These jeans are sanforized or somehow mostly pre-shrunk, right? If they EVER shrink to anything smaller than they are now I won't be able to put them on. Hopefully if I stretch them out to about 34.5" in the waist they'lll just shrink back to 32", and not go down to 31" or something.

Anyhow, these are great jeans. I hope they don't end up as "Honestforum-y" as Nudie has become.

Edited by minya on Mar 11, 2006 at 01:56 PM

Quote:

don't worry dude, they'll stretch. mine were insanely tight and you told me it was perfect. haptronic i think got bruises for the first couple of days but they eventually fit him.

--- Original message by obsessis on Mar 11, 2006 02:15 PM

LOL. Yeah. I know. I think these are even tighter than any other jeans I've tried on before, though... I feel like the buttons are going to pop off. Hahha.

They probably will stretch to a comfortable fit, though. I am a little nervous about allowing them to ever see the inside of a washing machine.....