Imperial Jeans

nairb49

They look nice washed. I'm psyched to get my pair.

I ordered a king, but I am wondering how big a 36 duke would be/what it'd look like. i was initially turned off because they looked so tight and the legs super skinny. If I like my King I might look into a Duke eventually.

Quote:

guffer those washed Dukes look great.

The dudes at Imperial said the washed Dukes run a lot smaller than their raws... he said a washed 34 would be like a raw 33. Are your washed pair size 34? Were htey a lot smaller than expected?

--- Original message by minya on Feb 4, 2006 09:32 AM

yeah, they are a 34, they fit like a regular 32. i have also ordered a raw pair in 34. i read so much conflicting information about the sizing, i didnt really know what size to get in the raws, but they gave me measurements and the raw 34s work out pretty much the same as the washed 34s i have...so hopefully they will be ok

Quote: i love the fact they don't wash fake whiskers in.

fake whiskers or honeycombs were the things that i was most scared about when i ordered, not being the tallest guy means they sit in totally the wrong place for me [don't like them anyway].

info assured me and that the abrasions were not overdone, then i ordered them, i was definatly not disapointed.

im trying to get a raw pair sent out this week.

teisco.gif

Edited by haptronic on Feb 4, 2006 at 07:47 PM

Man I'm shattered!

I was lined up for a pair of 30" dukes but they turned out to be too big! Looks like I need a 28 or 29.

The jeans are awsome though, for first impressions I prefer the cut and look of them to both my Nudie RR and my APC NS.

Hopefully I can get hooked up with a smaller pair!!! But it might take a while as the dude said they were already sold out.

That might be why it's been hard to get a hold of any pairs. Seems like they sold out (well at least the smaller sizes) almost straight after the jeans were finished production.

the smallest size they make is 30...

I wanted to order a pair in 28 and that is what they told me:

"We only make as small as size 30, however, this is equivalent to 28 in

most brands. We use genuine waist measurements. So if you measure your

waist where you wear it then that should correspond to your size (inches).

ask around and see if you think 30 would be right for you."

that sucks!

abc 123

Edited by Tobe on Feb 5, 2006 at 04:17 AM

Quote:

Man I'm shattered!

I was lined up for a pair of 30" dukes but they turned out to be too big! Looks like I need a 28 or 29.

The jeans are awsome though, for first impressions I prefer the cut and look of them to both my Nudie RR and my APC NS.

Hopefully I can get hooked up with a smaller pair!!! But it might take a while as the dude said they were already sold out.

That might be why it's been hard to get a hold of any pairs. Seems like they sold out (well at least the smaller sizes) almost straight after the jeans were finished production.

--- Original message by chapital on Feb 5, 2006 02:07 AM

chapital

so how did the imperial 30 raw dukes compare waist size with your apc and nudies.

Quote:

I just received notice that mine are on the way!

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Feb 5, 2006 11:17 PM

same here, after two months of emails i'm finally getting my pair of kings.

i might pick up a pair of dukes later, depending on if I have the cash and how the 36's fit me since they don't have 35's.

My APCs probably weren't as small as I should have gone, I got 28" but I probably should have got 27". They fit fine, but after 2.5 months I'm already wearing them quite low.

So, with that in mind I'd say the 30" dukes were a little looser than the 28" when I first got them.

With my 29" Ralphs, they started off quite tight and are mega loose now (again, I should have gone one size down but it was my first pair of raw denim, so I didn't know). So I figured I should have really got a 28" Ralph, and the Imperial Info guy said this would equate with a 30" duke. Strangely though, the 30" duke seemed noticably looser than how I can remember my 29" Raphs.

So yeah, the 30" duke's seemed looser than both my 29" RR and 28" NS when I first got them. I find this a bit wierd, as the 29" RR should be looser than the 30" dukes?????? Maybe I just got a wierd pair of Ralphs that's a bit smaller than the norm.

I hope this helps!