Imperial Jeans

nairb49

minya- you normally wear a size 34 if i remember, so your dukes should stretch out to an ok, maybe slightly snug waist, especially considering the way the dukes are cut and im'assuming are "supposed" to be worn. Should be totally fine though.

my washed dukes came a little bit looser in the waist than the raw ones i tried on, but like any other jeans, they stretch.

About the washing though, I think i'd keep it a dry-clean only thing.....

if they don't stretch, i've PMed you icon_smile_wink.gif

nairb49

Edited by nairb49 on Mar 11, 2006 at 05:49 PM

Most of you have gotten this email, but here goes:

To: [email protected]

Subject:

Date: Mar 20, 2006 1:19 AM

Hello all!

This is INFO, I'm sending out a group message as we have been inundated

with mail about our jeans. I'm sorry I haven't had time to reply to all of

you as soon as I would have liked but please bear with us as we are

ridiculously busy at the moment.

I thought this would be the easiest way to let everyone know what is going

on with IMPERIAL, please forgive me if you didn't want to receive this

mail.

Just wanted to let everyone know we haven't shut down shop, we are just

run off our feet.

All the Best

--

INFO

imperial brand clothing

Australia

shhh....

Quote:
Quote:

yo minya are they still too tight for photos?

--- Original message by polly7 on Mar 19, 2006 11:03 PM

LOL, no. They're starting to be comfy actually. I'll take some pics this week. They look AWESOME.

--- Original message by minya on Mar 19, 2006 11:34 PM

darn icon_smile_tongue.gif

got the email too, wonder if that means they're still shippping out to places without distributors then?

i hope so

nairb49

hi all,

got the email this morning, too, but i have a question for anyone else that's received it: have any of you actually submitted payment yet? INFO told me to go ahead and submit payment and the jeans would ship out immediately, which i did a little over a week ago - i paid a bit extra for express shipping (trackable, insured, etc.), but my requests for a shipping confirmation and/or tracking number haven't been answered...

anyone else who's in my boat?

anyone who already has the jeans deal with something similar after submitting payment?

anyone want to ease my mind a bit?

PM if you'd rather talk specifics.

EDIT: my mind is eased because the receptionist just brought me a package from australia... whew!!

EDIT: also ordered and received one of the imperial t-shirts (the one in purple, w/ the doves and the crown). super high-quality and worth the $30 or so: mid-weight combed cotton, substantially heavier than american apparel, but just as soft and far from bulky. nice finish details: narrow collar band, shorter sleeves, screen-printed "tag" on inside of neck, quality two-color screen.

Edited by snugglepony on Mar 20, 2006 at 11:39 AM

Edited by snugglepony on Mar 20, 2006 at 12:32 PM

minya -

did you have them hemmed? they don't look quite as long as mine or the pics of haptronic's...

cold soak maybe?

maybe you're taller than i thought?

Quote:

FINALLY got my Dukes in. Fricking Canada Post charged me $15 in customs fees, WTF? Whatever.

Anyway, to echo the sentiments already posted, they are fantastic jeans. The denim is really nice, and interestingly, the ecru thread is very clearly ecru (in contrast to the indigo threads, the ecru threads look almost yellow).. cool effect.

The denim is also quite soft. These are definitely not as starchy as Japanese jeans or even Nudies. Nice change.

However... I hope I didn't order the wrong size. I ordered size 32, and I can JUST BARELY put them on... and it feels like the buttons are about to burst, and they crunch my hips. icon_smile_blackeye.gif I'm guessing they should stretch to fit me comfortably (my SD-103s, which were absolutely brutal at first, are now quite comfortable and even a tad bit loose..).. but.. if anyone out there has either a raw or washed indigo Duke in size 34, I'll consider a trade.

These jeans are sanforized or somehow mostly pre-shrunk, right? If they EVER shrink to anything smaller than they are now I won't be able to put them on. Hopefully if I stretch them out to about 34.5" in the waist they'lll just shrink back to 32", and not go down to 31" or something.

Anyhow, these are great jeans. I hope they don't end up as "Honestforum-y" as Nudie has become.

Edited by minya on Mar 11, 2006 at 01:56 PM

--- Original message by minya on Mar 11, 2006 01:54 PM

minya,

i think they must sanforized, or somehow otherwise pre-shrunk-ish -- did about an hour and a half's lukewarm soak last night expecting to get a bit of shrinkage in length. hung them up to dry and just measured them and put them back on. there was literally no shrinkage in the length -- maybe a quarter to a half inch. i'm sure a hot wash and a hot tumble dry would shrink them, but i wouldn't worry too much about them turning into 28s when you eventually wash and hang dry. mine still measure out to 32/36+...

they did turn the water in the tub a dark coppery brown... glad that shit's not all over my legs, i guess?

Oh, wow -- good to know.. I think I might go ahead and have mine hemmed, then.

That coppery brown color is starch icon_smile_tongue.gif Surprisingly, though, these aren't very starchy at all. Or maybe I'm just used to Japanese jeans, which are so loaded with starch you could use them as baseball bats.

Quote:

Oh, wow -- good to know.. I think I might go ahead and have mine hemmed, then.

That coppery brown color is starch icon_smile_tongue.gif Surprisingly, though, these aren't very starchy at all. Or maybe I'm just used to Japanese jeans, which are so loaded with starch you could use them as baseball bats.

--- Original message by minya on Mar 21, 2006 03:36 PM

mine are actually quite starchy, even post-soak. i ironed the selvage flat once they dried and that sort of reactivated the starch even more. they wouldn't stand up on their own or anything, but they're much much stiffer than my nudies were when they were new... our jeans were probably cut from different bolts...

Ok guys, I'm a 29 in nudie RRDS (worn on waist and reasonably tight). For those of you have got a pair of raw dukes, any advice on a size? I'm unalbe to try them on in person because there's no stockist here in Melbourne. I keep hearing that their sizing is slightly smaller than most brands (so I was thinking size 30 might be the go), but I've also heard some conflicting stuff from a friend who tried them on. What's your advice? Cheers.

Keep the Funk alive

Much the same, I'm thinking of getting a pair of raw Kings, i wear 29 in non-stretch zathans and 27 in APC. What size'd be good?

(ignore my twaddle about non-existent kings pictures, since i clearly didn't browse the thread properly before posting)

Edited by tweedlesinpink on Mar 27, 2006 at 08:08 AM

for those interested in kings, well the fit is very similar to RRDS, so for comparisons, i fit into a 34 RRDS, and i also fit into a 34 king. the denim also stretches out quite nicely after you wear it for a while. to me the denim does not look like it has been dipped 16 times as it is advertised on fiasco, which is where i bought my pair from ...

oh to be young and self righteous

Quote:

just wondering, for those of you who ordered directly from Imperial. Did you pay via PayPal with an account email address Info gave you? The account email does not say "imperial" right? Also, did they get back to you with tracking details and stuff?

--- Original message by sfiction on Mar 27, 2006 07:45 AM

hi sfiction:

it sounds like you've been in touch w/ info and that he's given you an email address to submit payment through paypal. this is how i got my imperials, too, and if you go back and read the thread, you'll see others with the same experience. i did not receive tracking information from info, but i did receive my dukes within about a week of submitting payment (i payed a bit extra for expedited shipping). PM me if you want to talk specifics.