Favorite Horror movies?

thejjbb

John Carpenter's The Thing has the best jump scare ever, in my opinion.

The Shining is great for atmosphere, soundtrack, and Kubrick.

The 80's (Cronenberg) remake of the fly is totally gross-awesome.

Audition made me go WTF than almost any other movie ever.

What are your favorite horror movies?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 days later

High Tension for actual scariness (and for the "high tension") if not for the plot.

Halloween

Nightmare on Elm Street

Evil Dead 1 and 2

i love all horror movies, even the really really bad ones (I just watched the Hills Have Eyes remake, Jeepers Creepers, a couple of others...they don't even have to be remotely good to be awesome).

That being said I'm still trying to track down a shop that carries Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento's films.

The shining was creepy for the most part, but the last half hour after jack nicholson goes stark raving mad spoils the film for me.

A lot of the scares in the shining also made very little sense or just seemed plain out of place.

My favourite horror movie of all time however, has got to be the original Japanese version of The Ring (Ringu). I saw it when i was 14 and i couldn't sleep for a week. That movie really gets under yr skin and just slowburn creeps you out with increasing intensity through the span of the movie.

For me the first scary film I saw when I was 8 was The Fog. Watched Ringu before the hype and even more scary on VHS tape and that blew me and scared the shit out of me. However, my all time favourite has to be the Shining followed by Ringu.

Most overrated horror film for me would be the original Wicker Man, and the Saw, Hostel crap.

For me the first scary film I saw when I was 8 was The Fog. Watched Ringu before the hype and even more scary on VHS tape and that blew me and scared the shit out of me. However, my all time favourite has to be the Shining followed by Ringu.

Most overrated horror film for me would be the original Wicker Man, and the Saw, Hostel crap.

the wicker man is great, and the saw/hostel crap i have a hard time even putting them in horror anymore, but a genre of their own, all i know is they are fucking enjoyable to watch.