radiohead vs. every other band on earth

cjbreed

is radiohead the greatest band on earth?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. is radiohead the greatest band on earth?

• yes
    • no
    • no because the rolling stones still perform and they are even better than the beatles
    • no its the beatles, even with 2 dead members
    • no its john mayer because he nails A-list ass
    • sanjaya rules
    • lil wayne yo
    • pussycat dolls?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you are simply too dense to tell my other posts (in a different thread) were against the overinflated importance of russian lit and not at all about my love of it (because i have none). Once again you have proved yourself an idiot Zubin. My post here was half sarcastic, yet honest in the fact that i do find obscure acts from the past much more interesting that anything radiohead has produced in the past 10 years or so. Technically, I didn't drop any "knowledge" on the subject, meaning no propositional normative statements were made--all i did was post a random music vid that hopefully puts the discussion of the particular band in question in a more rich and complete musical perspective. thats the extent of it you fucking moron.

if i have to see any more of this inane pseudo-intellectual drivel from this dude i'm gonna subject myself to kodiak and misterblack fits until my eyes bleed

mother of god

^can we agree on THIS?

thanks kunk.

p.s. i do not like any radio station because all of them are littered here and there with garbage that destroys any good aspect.

again,

fuck the fucking radio.

fuck.

when a decent band makes so many albums with 2-3 good singles per album, there's this illusion that a band is all that great, when it really isn't.

but of course, ok computer is a pretty good album as a whole.

If we are going into which album is better as a whole, I wouldn't say OK COMPUTER.

The answer would be Kid A.

BUT I THOUGHT THIS THREAD ENDED WITH THAT IMAGE SOME PAGES BACK. HOW DOES THIS CONTINUE???

black mountain

the black angels

these are guitar focus

black angels suck, and you'd never know they played anything but the same chord over and over again when listening on record, cause they're all over the fretboard live.

again - they suck.

black mountain on the other hand are fucking badass.

OMC- Chord progression in karma police isn't anything special. It sounded better when bob dylan did it in "you're a big girl now." I'm not one of those guys who say everyone stole everything either. I was listening to karma police one day before class a few years ago and then for the entire class i couldn't pay attention because all i tried to do is figure out where i heard that before. My notes were terrible that day

i dunno. someone started talking about it. i like the bends the best anyways. the only album i listen to a bunch. i like pre-sky blue sky wilco better than radiohead anyways as far as modern bands

what band's are really doing it right now?

serious question

i need some new music with guitars in it

i dug that tv on the radio record

if someone could suggest more music by colored people it'd be well appreciated

Shellac put an album out last year. They are all white though.

Yo, bends is aiite too, but I just like Radiohead cause I think they elevate their game with every album. Fuck ya'll h8erz

Yea, i don't get the hate either. it's like people who hate on the beatles just because everybody likes them. Ooooo you're sooo different. Congratulations. Way to be a music rebel. I still like their new albums and listen to them, but i admit to coming back to the bends often. I like my music more raw, unpolished and emotional at times. john darnielle, jeff tweedy, elliott smith, alex chilton, and others. When i hear someone's voice quiver, break a bit, i blow my load

black angels suck, and you'd never know they played anything but the same chord over and over again when listening on record, cause they're all over the fretboard live.

again - they suck.

black mountain on the other hand are fucking badass.

i dunno what you mean because that's a run-on sentencez and way confusing. i don't know what you mean though. i like their guitar, it's so fuzzy - reminds me of psych and 70's shit.

i dunno what you mean because that's a run-on sentencez and way confusing. i don't know what you mean though. i like their guitar, it's so fuzzy - reminds me of psych and 70's shit.

sorry i was delirious with lack of sleep last night

black angels on record, as opposed to live, are a completely different experience. imo, they suck and are boring either way, and live they never look like they do much as opposed to the record which is dense and has some level of musicianship on it. it just doesn't come across very well in either setting though.