radiohead vs. every other band on earth

cjbreed

is radiohead the greatest band on earth?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. is radiohead the greatest band on earth?

• yes
    • no
    • no because the rolling stones still perform and they are even better than the beatles
    • no its the beatles, even with 2 dead members
    • no its john mayer because he nails A-list ass
    • sanjaya rules
    • lil wayne yo
    • pussycat dolls?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really really really like radiohead. as much as i really really really like queen.

the best band in the world is noel gallahgearears' one because he sings that song that goes:

i've got a confession to make

i'm no foooooooooooool.

blah blah blah blah

is someone getting

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

of you?

and no listening to radiohead does not make you "indie" because EVERYBODY fucking listens to them.

very compelling reason TO enjoy the musical stylings of radiohead

neg reap .

suck it

depeche mode is the greatest band until they are all dead. even when they don't make another album, the non-album will go platinum.

they WERE awesome but they haven't done anything worth mentioning in 10 years (i am being generous here)

ok firstly this is supposed to be a joke.

and the ramones are one of the greatest bands on earth.

secondly there are TONS of awesome bands out there making great music so it is silly to claim one as the best

but after seeing radiohead live the other day, i thought to myself, ya know if i had to pick, radiohead really is the best band on earth.

and here is why. 15 straight years of artistic excellence and integrity. they haven't slipped in the least, and in fact have gotten even better. from creep and pablo honey to bodysnatchers and in rainbows. and they are leaps and bounds more unique, yet accessible, than their contemporaries. they consistently innovate. the songwriting is incredible. sometimes simple sometimes complex with weird time signatures and rhythms.

thoughtful and relevant lyrical content and subject matter + extremely talented and creative musicians + awesome live performance + consistency over long period of time + cool as hell merchandising, branding and subculture + never selling out = bad ass

if not them, then who?

playing the angel was good. c'mon.

oh really? i will have to check it out... would not surprise me actually. still their output has been too erratic and uneven to be really considered a working band a la RH

if not them, then who?

^ exactly.

I can see ddml banging furiously on that keyboard of his

only lifting up his fingers occasionally to tilt his glasses back into place

CORRECT

i fucking hate radiohead. cheeps right, most overrated band ever. and no listening to radiohead does not make you "indie" because EVERYBODY fucking listens to them.

no. lots of people don't like radiohead. and lots of people do like beyonce. see? you'll be fine

lovely music, i really really enjoy it, but greatest band? tink not. never understood how they got so grossly overrated

i think they got such acclaim because many critics (and critical listeners with rock leanings) were thrilled to death to have a band like radiohead finally come along, so they kind of gushed a bit...

queen, while not my favourite band, is probably the best band ever

queen is awesome. but i guess we should talk about current bands

Radiohead are fuckin' Hi-Fi Snobs. Rubbish. Fuck 'em. You like Coldplay too, yah?

its ok to be a snob if u can back it up. that's like calling obama an elitist. or punishing someone for being smart.

yeah fuck them book learners

i don't like coldplay but they are far more listenable than radiohead.

coldplay is radiohead lite. coldplay is dad rock.

i like coldplay kind of