radiohead vs. every other band on earth

cjbreed

is radiohead the greatest band on earth?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. is radiohead the greatest band on earth?

• yes
    • no
    • no because the rolling stones still perform and they are even better than the beatles
    • no its the beatles, even with 2 dead members
    • no its john mayer because he nails A-list ass
    • sanjaya rules
    • lil wayne yo
    • pussycat dolls?

^I know who you voted for.

One thing I meant to say before is that their material hasn't been that whiny lately. My biggest beef was that it was a proving ground for Thom Yorkes obsession with electronica and DJ Shadow nutriding. Their newest album (and the bonus disk 2 is a must hear) is devoid of all that crap and is just a natural, organic rock album for the most part. Very original and almost effortless. Listen to 'Down Is the New Up' and tell me it's not a dope track...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find Kid A extremely pleasing and also enjoy that other song about aliens abducting Thom Yorke cos he's uptight.

Even if they aren't, Radiohead seem to do a good job of appearing normal. At least I'm thankful they mostly stay out of the media and rely on solid work instead of boring and sordid lifestyles to maintain their popularity, unlike all of the other popular British artists.

Edit: Panic, that girl in your sig still deserves a serious punishment IMO.

^I know who you voted for.

One thing I meant to say before is that their material hasn't been that whiny lately. My biggest beef was that it was a proving ground for Thom Yorkes obsession with electronica and DJ Shadow nutriding. Their newest album (and the bonus disk 2 is a must hear) is devoid of all that crap and is just a natural, organic rock album for the most part. Very original and almost effortless. Listen to 'Down Is the New Up' and tell me it's not a dope track...

Hah lets not forget "Rabbit In Your Headlights" by UNKLE, since you mentioned DJ Shadow. I mean, that's already a collaboration right there.

I agree with you though with the 2nd disc of In Rainbows, in fact I enjoy the bonus disc a lot more than the album itself. The only thing about it though is a lot of it strikes me as Thom Yorke songs yanno, not much of a full band experience. Half of them can be performed in some way by Thom alone, which he has done so already.

EDIT: Just had to chime in and say I'm surprised that 4 pages into this topic, nobody has yet to vote for the John Mayer option which I think is pretty funny.

built to spill is SO FUCKING BORING. WHO THE FUCK LISTENS TO BUILT TO SPILL. YOU MUST BE FUCKING RETARDED. I SAW BUILT TO SPILL LIVE A FEW YEARS AGO, EASILY THE MOST BORING BAND I'VE EVER SEEN LIVE. USUALLY I GET INTO CONCERTS, EVEN IF I DONT LIKE THE ARTIST'S MUSIC, BECAUSE I GET INTO THEIR PERFORMANCE AND ENERGY. THERE WAS NO ENERGY WHEN THEY PLAYED. WET TURD MUSIC. FUCK BUILT TO SPILL.

i mean for fucks sake, those fucking boise dumbfucks just stand there like the husky pale toolbags that they are... fuck that midwest indie shit, i hate it all. hate it.

this is a fucking band right here. this is a fucking performance.

7pR7_9mLOM4

hell yeah i saw that show. both nights. THATS how you do a fucking reunion show.

you know else i bet all you radiohead loving fagooses love that FUCKING SUCKED at their REUNION SHOW?

THE PIXIES. FUCK THE FUCKING PIXIES. YOU MAKE ME SICK.

THE PIXIES PLAYED THE DEADEST, MOST LIFELESS SHOW EVER.

oh shit, you know what?....

I SAW THE PIXIES AND BUILT TO SPILL ON THE SAME STAGE, ON THE SAME NIGHT? THEY MUSTVE CIRCULATED FUCKING SUCKWATER BACKSTAGE?

YOU KNOW WHO ELSE WAS THERE THAT REUNITED AND FUCKING DISAPPOINTED ME? GANG OF FOUR. FUCK YOU ALL FUCK YOU ALL FUCK YOU.

THIS IS A FUCKING BAND RIGHT HERE.

AMBITIOUS LOVERSSSSSSSS. ARTO LINDSAAYYYYYYYY

17aTVDLchoI

Now HERE is a performance:

y1WusC956-E

Clue:

Baaaahhhnds suck.

Honestly, I'd like to just sit down and listen to some good music at a practical volume instead of being forced to stand among retards and women who don't want any of my shit while we're forced to watch idiots prance around the stage pretending to "cut loose" while their shitty music blows my eardrums and not my mind. Music should be good enough. Some idiot hopping around and acting out shouldn't be a requirement for a good show.

burzum reunion should be good.

i mean for fucks sake, those fucking boise dumbfucks just stand there like the husky pale toolbags that they are... fuck that midwest indie shit, i hate it all. hate it.

this is a fucking band right here. this is a fucking performance.

7pR7_9mLOM4

i hate bands doing improv of their songs. at shows, i just want them to play their fucking albums while i look at some tits that i don't already own.

Now HERE is a performance:

y1WusC956-E

Clue:

Baaaahhhnds suck.

Honestly, I'd like to just sit down and listen to some good music at a practical volume instead of being forced to stand among retards and women who don't want any of my shit while we're forced to watch idiots prance around the stage pretending to "cut loose" while their shitty music blows my eardrums and not my mind. Music should be good enough. Some idiot hopping around and acting out shouldn't be a requirement for a good show.