radiohead vs. every other band on earth

cjbreed

is radiohead the greatest band on earth?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. is radiohead the greatest band on earth?

• yes
    • no
    • no because the rolling stones still perform and they are even better than the beatles
    • no its the beatles, even with 2 dead members
    • no its john mayer because he nails A-list ass
    • sanjaya rules
    • lil wayne yo
    • pussycat dolls?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, lets compartmentalize all our opinions on superficially disparate matters so that we can never be criticized for harboring incompatible or incoherent beleifs. (5.555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555567)

"the unity of things is the essence of truth, but some will try to rule the universe by force" +rep if you catch the lumberjack band reference.

no, but i'd be totally down. there was an indian record store in my mom's neighborhood that had no idea what a goldmine it was. i bought about 150 old depeche mode, smiths and wax trax vinyls there for a grand total of about $200. I sound like one of those grandpas that proclaims to have walked to school without shoes 12 miles but I really think there was no match for the new wave/industrial/goth scene of 1989-1999 nyc/chicago and san fran.

I'm chillin' with you next time i go to NYC. Ever been to the weird records parties at Home Sweet Home on Wednesdays? I took Dark and Westside with me last month and it was great.

built to spill is SO FUCKING BORING. WHO THE FUCK LISTENS TO BUILT TO SPILL. YOU MUST BE FUCKING RETARDED. I SAW BUILT TO SPILL LIVE A FEW YEARS AGO, EASILY THE MOST BORING BAND I'VE EVER SEEN LIVE. USUALLY I GET INTO CONCERTS, EVEN IF I DONT LIKE THE ARTIST'S MUSIC, BECAUSE I GET INTO THEIR PERFORMANCE AND ENERGY. THERE WAS NO ENERGY WHEN THEY PLAYED. WET TURD MUSIC. FUCK BUILT TO SPILL.

Doug Martsch has more musical talent in his eyeball than thom yorke has in his entire pussy-ass body. You probably saw them live at a festival or something. Bitch please. That shit doesn't even count. Anyone who actually appreciates music, particularly good rock and roll, would appreciate built to spill live. Fucking 20 minute jams. Fuck yeah. Wall of distorted guitar in your face. Fuck yeah. Fuck.

Or you could go see Radiohead so you can brag to your friends and a bunch of corny white bitches will be like "omg, I'm SO jealous."

I just tell people I don't like Radiohead to piss them off. Truth is I just don't give a fuck about them. I've heard like 10 songs and haven't really been interested enough to explore them further.

I think we can all at least agree that Animal Collective sucks huge dick live, right? RIGHT?

ummm... ok. haus ov cult needs to shade this banjee muthafucka.

I TALKED A LOT OF SHIT ABOUT RADIOHEAD BEFORE LAYING INTO BUILT TO SPILL, SO RIGHT OFF THE BAT, 35% OF YOUR POST IS NEGATED.

doug martsch is a mediocre songwriter. plain and simple. bts lyrics reach the level of junior college creative writing class about half the time, and the other half the time you basically want to clobber yourself in the face after he mewls "i wanna see the movies of my dreams" for the fifteenth fucking time.

if a band can't shine at a festival, then the band probably fucking sucks. how the fuck does performing at a festival not count? stop making excuses.

20 minute jams are fantastic. in all sorts of genre. stoner rock, metal, funk, noise, etc.

but 20 minute jams THAT GO NOWHERE AND ACCOMPLISH NOTHING AND HAVE NO TENSION OR RELEASE WHATSOEVER ARE FUCKING BORING.

built to spill is not GOOD rock and roll. it is middling indie bullshit. just like tons of other midwest bullshit indie bands, doug martsch depends almost entirely on texturally-interesting guitar to reel you in, without providing much else to hook your attention on. i'm sorry, but youre wrong. built to spill are awful. just as awful as radiohead.

yo AND WHO SAID THAT PEOPLE JUST SAY THEY LIKE THROBBING GRISTLE JUST TO SAY IT?

WHAT IS IT WITH ALL YOU GODDAMN MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, OH MEEP MEEP I LOVE WATCHING MOPEY ASS WHITE DUDES WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES I CAN BUY AT THE KOHLS DOWN THE STREET SLAP TOGETHER SHITTY SONGS ABOUT HOW THIS TOWN IS SMALL AND I NEED TO GO TO SALLY'S HOUSE AND PROFESS MY LOVE AND SONGS ABOUT PRAIRIES AND BULLSHIT FAKE AMERICANA WILCO MOTHERFUCKER COCKSUCK SARAH PALIN MCCAIN VOTING MIDDLE AMERICA INDIE FAGGOT SHITTERS.

DNA ARE FUCKING AMAZING.

THROBBING GRISTLE ARE FUCKING AMAZING.

YOU FUCKING DUMBASSES HAVE NO RESPECT FOR GOOD MUSIC.

I think we can all at least agree that Animal Collective sucks huge dick live, right? RIGHT?

Last time I saw them was at Coachella and they got those bass kicks rolling in and started doing fucked-up house versions of their songs and it started to turn into folksy eurotrash freak trance and I was getting pretty into it. Saw them another time and it was pretty tame but not bad.

I've also seen Built to Spill and it was dull as hell.

ok really, seriously...

who the fuck is into all these bands that look like the dude who makes your fuckign subway club sandwich for lunch when youre on break from the copyshop? oh wait IT IS THE DUDE WHO MAKES YOUR SUB.

who is into that shit?

rock and fucking roll is about one thing once you get past having songwriting talent and an ear for innovation: the fucking spectacle. it is so very much about

the spectacle and the performance and the image and if your shitty band can't get that down, you dont deserve to be making music. fuck built to spill.