radiohead vs. every other band on earth

cjbreed

is radiohead the greatest band on earth?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. is radiohead the greatest band on earth?

• yes
    • no
    • no because the rolling stones still perform and they are even better than the beatles
    • no its the beatles, even with 2 dead members
    • no its john mayer because he nails A-list ass
    • sanjaya rules
    • lil wayne yo
    • pussycat dolls?

^ i kind of hate trent reznor because he inherited this mantle of grandfather of industrial when he was neither the first nor the best.

I was kind of with you there for a while but he's definitely been growing on me recently

I mean, it may not be the best stuff and some of it's kind of cheesy these days but it honestly feels like he's still going at it as hard as he can and just wants to do the best he can for his fans at this point. I'm super good with that. I mean, with the fanbase he could shit out a tour and just rake in the cash but he goes all fucking out for those shows.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok really, seriously...

who the fuck is into all these bands that look like the dude who makes your fuckign subway club sandwich for lunch when youre on break from the copyshop? oh wait IT IS THE DUDE WHO MAKES YOUR SUB.

who is into that shit?

rock and fucking roll is about one thing once you get past having songwriting talent and an ear for innovation: the fucking spectacle. it is so very much about

the spectacle and the performance and the image and if your shitty band can't get that down, you dont deserve to be making music. fuck built to spill.

Dude, you're really mad about Built to Spill, huh?

It seems like this is a lot of misplaced animosity. Hating the midwest is fine. But choosing not to acknowledge amazing musicianship kind of sucks. Spectacle is nice and all, and I get what you're saying, but still...Homie doug's been around a longass time. Maybe he doesn't like "spectacle." Maybe he just likes making fucking music. Being spectacular =/= good live performance. Being laid back/not spectacular =/= bad live performance. The "spectacle" is one of the main things that turns me off of Radiohead.

Shit ain't complicated.

I go and listen to some neosoul/funk/hiphop/jazz/jam shit on the regular at some places in Dallas. Really hot shit. Little bars on weeknights. Not spectacular at all, but some fucking stellar live music. I realize you were talking about rock and roll specifically, so this doesn't necessarily apply, but thought I'd still make the point.

Anyways. Whatever.

If you had to make a post after declared "end of thread" do you think you could have tried a little harder to make it less shitty?

if you had to make a follow up post to the post after the declared end, do you think you couldve tried a little harder to come up with something worth reading?

do u think im gonna wade through 8 pages of ppl jacking off to radiohead?

fuck no. It sounds like ambient noise. Karma police isnt. Any other dumbasshole questions you'd like me to field while im at it/

and who the fuck is omc to declare a thread is over? A thread aint dead untl it falls to page 13 and gets bumped with some lame assedness

i got some questions, who the fuck is zubin?

what do you stand for?

does the chord progression in karma police make your dick hard?

do you have a dick?

why do you live in san jose?

how many times do you think you could let a medical professional milk your prostate before you started to think you might be gay?

only money counts?

i got some questions, who the fuck is zubin?

what do you stand for?

does the chord progression in karma police make your dick hard?

do you have a dick?

why do you live in san jose?

how many times do you think you could let a medical professional milk your prostate before you started to think you might be gay?

only money counts?

1. zubin

2 .money, hoes and such

3. yes. arrest this man, he speaks in math

4. yes

5. refer to #2

6. depends on how many fingers used. Generally around the 5th time i might start questioning myself

only milk colons?

SINCE RADIOHEAD AND COLPLAY ARE BOTH GAY, YOU CAN ASK A PERSIAN ANYTHING IN THIS THREAK

...there are persians in this thread?

AVEEEEEELLLLLLEEEEEEEESHHH.

youve already asked me six(6) questions, please let the others enjoy too

but i will still field q's from you if need be

/\/\ no self respecting persian would have that in their house. im not syaing they dont care for ornate rugs, but that shit is bottom of the barrel

OMC, your sardonic humour is lost on Zubin so please lets just get back to posting ultra important obscure and pretentious music vids. Thank you.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFP5zwwu3Nc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFP5zwwu3Nc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMwWGPzWMPY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMwWGPzWMPY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

haha, dude, do you get off to the fact that you know "obscure " shit? Its like every time you post you fuckin try so hard to come off as intelligent. Sure, you might be into russian literature, but who gives a fuck? WTF can you do with your obscure musical references and your love for russian lit?

any van wearing plebe can understand OMC "sardonic" the persian in these threads comment, sure its even humourous, but here comes robbiedouche to impose his fucking knowledge of the obscure that will maybe only get him laid in communist russia.

what im trying to say here robbie is that no one gives a fuck about you. You can hide behind your dead fuckin russian novelists but the fact remains: you look like a molester. get aids

haha, dude, do you get off to the fact that you know "obscure " shit? Its like every time you post you fuckin try so hard to come off as intelligent. Sure, you might be into russian literature, but who gives a fuck? WTF can you do with your obscure musical references and your love for russian lit?

any van wearing plebe can understand OMC "sardonic" the persian in these threads comment, sure its even humourous, but here comes robbiedouche to impose his fucking knowledge of the obscure that will maybe only get him laid in communist russia.

what im trying to say here robbie is that no one gives a fuck about you. You can hide behind your dead fuckin russian novelists but the fact remains: you look like a molester. get aids

In case you are simply too dense to tell my other posts (in a different thread) were against the overinflated importance of russian lit and not at all about my love of it (because i have none). Once again you have proved yourself an idiot Zubin. My post here was half sarcastic, yet honest in the fact that i do find obscure acts from the past much more interesting that anything radiohead has produced in the past 10 years or so. Technically, I didn't drop any "knowledge" on the subject, meaning no propositional normative statements were made--all i did was post a random music vid that hopefully puts the discussion of the particular band in question in a more rich and complete musical perspective. thats the extent of it you fucking moron.

In case you are simply too dense to tell my other posts (in a different thread) were against the overinflated importance of russian lit and not at all about my love of it (because i have none). Once again you have proved yourself an idiot Zubin. My post here was half sarcastic, yet honest in the fact that i do find obscure acts from the past much more interesting that anything radiohead has produced in the past 10 years or so. Technically, I didn't drop any "knowledge" on the subject, meaning no propositional normative statements were made--all i did was post a random music vid that hopefully puts the discussion of the particular band in question in a more rich and complete musical perspective. thats the extent of it you fucking moron.

jesus christ dude.