radiohead vs. every other band on earth

cjbreed

is radiohead the greatest band on earth?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. is radiohead the greatest band on earth?

• yes
    • no
    • no because the rolling stones still perform and they are even better than the beatles
    • no its the beatles, even with 2 dead members
    • no its john mayer because he nails A-list ass
    • sanjaya rules
    • lil wayne yo
    • pussycat dolls?

built to spill is SO FUCKING BORING. WHO THE FUCK LISTENS TO BUILT TO SPILL. YOU MUST BE FUCKING RETARDED. I SAW BUILT TO SPILL LIVE A FEW YEARS AGO, EASILY THE MOST BORING BAND I'VE EVER SEEN LIVE. USUALLY I GET INTO CONCERTS, EVEN IF I DONT LIKE THE ARTIST'S MUSIC, BECAUSE I GET INTO THEIR PERFORMANCE AND ENERGY. THERE WAS NO ENERGY WHEN THEY PLAYED. WET TURD MUSIC. FUCK BUILT TO SPILL.

i went to see low live once and my friend actually fell asleep. he wasn't the only one either

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

up-radiohead.jpg

"Radiohead is annoying. Even the most ardent fan of their music must agree to this. It is not opinion but fact. They are annoying. When I went to download In Rainbows (free music = cannot overlook [i haven't paid for a Radiohead album since OK Computer, why start now?]) I was greeted by the picture at the top of the article. It is not exclusively this that annoys me about Radiohead but it is a great overall representation of their more grating habits.

Radiohead's kind of like the Dethklok of the real world. They live hidden away from the general public. They are completely non-functional as normal people (so it would seem, I've never met them [but I'm referring only to Thom here]) and they release albums at random to thunderous response. They pretend like they don't want to record an album, that they wish they could just make EPs and tour sporadically.

AND YET! When they finally put a new album out, they are modest enough to release it at any price on their website. What non-annoying people, right? WRONG! You fool! Look at the title of the journal! Of course they're annoying! When they release the album, It's not enough to say "In Rainbows, by Radiohead." The only way to correctly convey the title of this album, recorded, hyped and released in such a low-key manner, is "RA D IOHE_AD IN RAINBOWS/ IN RAIN_BOWS IN/RAINBOWS" FUCK YOU, RADIOHEAD"

Saw this somewhere. I agree.

DNA kills everything ever

i am going to destroy my defense of RADIOHEAD with this juicy (read: blackmail material) video of the band back in 1994 when they played at the MTV Beach House (anyone else remember this? we used to cruise by there on the regular to gawk); of particular interest is Thom's bleach blonde ponytail:

C33sywpotnw

it has been some long time since i viewed this one but i used to have it dubbed on a VHS so that i could laugh at it for hours, clutching my aching sides

i can't relate to this debate, a bunch of dudes that started playing music twenty years ago don't have much on my brothers in smokeytown and tha tribe

songs are thousands of years old, pre-dating gregorian chant, the greek bards and chinese court music

drums like northern cree occasionally sing these at traditional powwows and they still sound fresh as ever

whenever a person tells me they listen to radiohead/coldplay/davemathews, i lose a little bit of respect for them

Whys that? Is it the fact that all three bands are mainstream? Someone can't genuinely like any one of those bands?

I mean you don't have to like those bands but what does respect have anything to do with it? I really DISLIKE Coldplay but I wouldn't disrespect someone if they were a fan, I'd just tell them that I think the band that they like sucks.

Whys that? Is it the fact that all three bands are mainstream? Someone can't genuinely like any one of those bands?

I mean you don't have to like those bands but what does respect have anything to do with it? I really DISLIKE Coldplay but I wouldn't disrespect someone if they were a fan' date=' I'd just tell them that I think the band that they like sucks.[/quote']

dude if you can't genuinely hate someone because of their music, then you don't genuinely love music.

^yes, and coil and ajax and in the nursery and nurse with wound and cabaret voltaire and any good old wax trax stuff and al jourgensen side projects, especially revco.

I'm chillin' with you next time i go to NYC. Ever been to the weird records parties at Home Sweet Home on Wednesdays? I took Dark and Westside with me last month and it was great.

dude if you can't genuinely hate someone because of their music, then you don't genuinely love music.

Dude, who said I genuinely "love" music? I like music but music isn't everything.

So are you saying since YOU or someone else loves music oh so much that you can completely despise and not respect someone because they listen to a band you hate? Great for you I suppose.