Workshirts

gimmegimme

Picked up another Klaxon Howl shirt today. I love their flannel stuff and the fact that the material is milled here in Toronto and the shirts are sewn here adds to their appeal. The colour is shit in the picture. It is a really dark forest green.

IMG_1190.JPG

This looks great. I didn't see it on their website though. Did you get it at the shop?

love the khaki jacket for february and almost sure to order the january wabash.

anyway some of my friends just started to make some workshirt. The most interesting piece they made is created using a rainbow slub/nef? chambray fabric from okayama (i suspect from collect co).

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

tasty fabric

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

hidden button down

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

fit on me

DSC_0143.jpg

thye also have some charcoal and salmon red fabric variant but they didnt send me one :(

I saw the new eWorkers stuff, but it also looks like he won't be making the 18.5 any longer. I might have to order his 17.5 and just cold wash them to prevent shrinkage...

You might want to email Takashi and let him know you are wanting to buy 18.5. He has told me I'm the only one who buys the size. He said he would think about making the new Wabash shirt in 18.5 for me. Crossing my fingers.

^ the shirt is indeed very nice. Sadly no links to share as they're only sold locally and AFAIK they only made lke 20-30 pairs of them and probably sold out right now. :(

As for the interesting fabric, I believe they use the last stock of that particular fabric from collect co (japan blue), so I doubt that they will make another run soon.

ordered the wabash shirt yesterday from Takashi.

Black covert shirt in february is also looking very tempting...

Me too! Can't wait...realized that his measurements are post-shrunk. I ended up having to wash all the 18.5's I got in hot water to shrink them a bit. I think the 17.5 will work just fine with a cold soak only.

You might want to email Takashi and let him know you are wanting to buy 18.5. He has told me I'm the only one who buys the size. He said he would think about making the new Wabash shirt in 18.5 for me. Crossing my fingers.

Hmmm, I don't think that's true because I bought several shirts from him in 18.5 last year....gonna try the 17.5 as they were pretty loose overall and had to be shrunk down.

yeah he advised me a size 15.5 but it turned out a bit too roomy so going for a 14.5 now ( he gives them a hot wash to get max shrinkage) I wash my shirts cold wash so they never shrink that much

Hmmm, I don't think that's true because I bought several shirts from him in 18.5 last year....gonna try the 17.5 as they were pretty loose overall and had to be shrunk down.

Speaking of Workers, I bought a couple of 18.5s from him too. Actually, it's good to know that he may possibly make those in 18.5 because I only fit into that size and I totally would love the wabash shirt. I'm emailing him tonight about that.

I like that polka dot shirt even better than the last one but it would be ridiculous to get the exact same shirt with a different pocket...right?

I'm on the fence about the black and white striped shirt. I like it a lot but have a hard time figuring out how to rock that shirt in a non-"workwear clothing slave" kind of way.

I believe the black and white striped shirt to be sold out already (guess he had only a limited quantity of the fabric left) I have a previous version of that shirt (pullover shirt).

here's what Takashi mailed me regarding the upcoming wabash/polka dot shirt

>>wabash shirt? Whats the difference with the polka dot fabric (is it same fabric as with last polka dot shirt design?)

First, wabash fabric is heavier than polka dot fabric.

Wabash is twilled fabric, polka dot is plain woven fabric.

Both fabric is dyed 100% indigo and discharged print.

Many manufacturers try to make that kind of fabric which made by Stifel. But really few manufacturer use 100 % indigo.

1st, 100% indigo dyed is really high cost, 2nd 100% indigo dyed fabric is faded or oxidized easily.

I like the changing color because it is really looks like old Stifel's fabric.

But many retailers does not accept changing colors before selling clothes.

That is why few manufacturer use 100% indigo dyed.

First time I made the fabric looks like Stifel's one, I feel my fabric is little bit red.

It was not dark blue, it was like little bit purple. Blue and red.

After making first Wabash jacket, I stocked some of them at dark room.

About 1 years after, I watched the stocks and amazed. The color changing dark blue. It is really looks like old Stifel's fabric.

Then I understood. The reason for changing color is oxidized. I put them at "dark room" there is no sun shine.

There is only oxygen. Not faded by sun shine.

Fullcount polka dot looks good, almost had my wife bring it for me from Japan but couldnt figure out the sizing on that one (rakuten had different sizing guides)