Workshirts

gimmegimme

the ultimate chambray shirt... give me your top 3.

my favourite has always been the kicking mule workshop natural indigo one but i can never get my hands on it!

Hmmm, not really the ultimate chambray, but how about ultimate "workshirts"

1) Freewheelers conductor stifel polka dot.

2) LVC indigo chambray tunic pullover.

3) Sunny sports striped chambray utility shirt.

A very close 4th place is the latest KTH indigo warp and weft work shirt with a double left chest pocket.

i1-1.jpg

Thanks Lost. Here's a close-up photo of one of the buttons. They're made from some sort of early plastic. BTW, I also have a coule of 40's-50's chambray prison shirts that have almost identical buttons.

Thanks crownzip. Will rep when I can.

I love 'em. The colour is great. I wonder if they are melamine? Apparently it was also used by the US Navy in WWII to make plates, etc.....the first time it was used in such a way.

Could be Bakelite too, I guess....

just got my lands end red chambray... I really dig it.

I liked it so much I just ordered their black one too...

I'll do a write up with photos on it soon....

just got my lands end red chambray... I really dig it.

I liked it so much I just ordered their black one too...

I'll do a write up with photos on it soon....

Crap, for all me searching high and low for some good Wabash, I follow a link to the Fedora Lounge where folks were talking a month or so ago about scoring Wabash shirts at the Levis store for dirt cheap. I burned rubber to the local, but came up empty. If anyone finds one in medium, I could probably make it worth your while.

There are a couple of folks on this board that have them. I was surprised that those passed by me as well. I never knew levis made that kind of shirt.

Crap, for all me searching high and low for some good Wabash, I follow a link to the Fedora Lounge where folks were talking a month or so ago about scoring Wabash shirts at the Levis store for dirt cheap. I burned rubber to the local, but came up empty. If anyone finds one in medium, I could probably make it worth your while.

Also, were they LVC or just regular old Levis? I can check the stores in my area if you like.

They didn't give much detail, just a couple pictures. I don't think they were LVC, but had nice black catseye buttons and such. Levis seems to come up with alot of lower level LVC-ish stuff that never seems to make it to the website (or elsewhere for that matter). The stated prices were 15-20$. Probably long gone as the closeout stuff around here doesn't last long.

If you can find one that would be grand. Medium is best, large if that's all there is.

^^ Au contraire, that is the expression of an educated and self-possessed fellow of distinction and sober mien (if not sober fact). And that is indeed the article in question. Have they still go stock?

^That red's pretty sharp. The forearm's a nice additon.