Workshirts

gimmegimme

EDIT: Amazing shirt Riff! How many people in this thread have one coming? Looking forward to the photos...

And to Eczerwonka and Happy Hooligan--thanks for taking a stab at my question. I realize my response here sounds defensive. That's because it is! I made myself sound like a know-nothing in the original question, and I'm not a know-nothing, so I came back a little strong in re: your answers. I am apparently kind of insecure sometimes. Sorry about that!

Don't apologize - I've been enjoying your insightful posts! And thanks - I suspect quite a few have ordered one (or more!)

Rivet - thanks bro :) You , glimmertwins & drz won't be disappointed. Only problem with it is that it might start an expensive trend! Damn - now I want more! The material is like butter....

Some quick pics for you:

23d7a415.jpg

c55a0900.jpg

Lined placket

5d693e4e.jpg

Pen slot

b987a24e.jpg

24040f24.jpg

Chain stitch run-off

fbb00006.jpg

Post up some pics of yours when they arrive!

Fuck, now I am even more pissed at my self for not ordering the polka dot shirt.

Ohh man. 3 words come to mind. You fucked up.

got mine this morning at my office.

Oslo, Norway.

no taxes paid! it is an enorm performance here!

Takashi was helpful...

the shirt is magnifique! photos below from Riff can explain...

simply beautiful!

the choice of the buttons is great also. very nice.

the flat recycled package from K&T H Co is trully vintage!

SKÃ…L TAKASHI-SAN:)

I got mine at the post office last night! Overall quality is great, but two things that I'm not 100% on. The shirt is a little wide at the bottom (and a little short, but I'm 6' 4") and I think the rounded collar looks a little odd when buttoned. That said, it looks good when tucked and the collar left open. I'll have to see if I can get some pics of it. I think it'll look great with both denim and black chambray pants.

How wide and how short? I'm 6'3" myself. A pic would help if you had a chance. Cheers.

The shirt doesn't taper down from the chest much, so it's probably about 24" at the under arm and close to the same at the waist. I'll have to take some measurements to be certain. I have no idea about the length....I'm at work right now.

How wide and how short? I'm 6'3" myself. A pic would help if you had a chance. Cheers.

Sorry, still no pics yet...it's 24" at the waist and 30" at the longest from the collar fold to the bottom (much shorter at the gussets). I've got a 43" chest and only a 36" waist. Tough to fit I guess. I'm giving it a soak to get the fabric sizing out and to see if it will hang a little better.

I know people have a love-hate relationship with J Crew on this board but they have two new work shirts on the website that look pretty interesting:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals/shirts/PRDOVR~28227/28227.jsp

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals/shirts/PRDOVR~30267/30267.jsp

If the first shirt was a bit cheaper I'd cop it instantly. The fabric+the pockets seem awesome.

Matty, I'm with you on the Lofgren thing. I do, however, own a great Post O'Alls buckleback railroad jacket made with covert S&P Twill (like the first JCrew shirt link) and it's a nice light fabric. This is why I hate to love when people add these links - I end up buying half the stuff :(

Edit: The site says the Japanese covert twill shirt has an "extend-tab collar" It doesn't look like it. Anyone else?

I like how it says it is a "Collector's Item." Oh shit does that mean I shouldn't wear it and just put it in my vault so that I can turn around and sell it later...

And it sure doesn't look like there is an extended tab collar.

How do you know it's the same material? Or is it just the same type of material?

Based off the close-up and description on the Crew site and my PO'Alls jacket (which was also described as "Japanese Covert Twill", they look identical down to the color. Obviously, color differs from computer to computer, but it's just my best guess.

I think it's a great shirt - too bad it doesn't have the chinstrap. That would truly complete the shirt. I may pick it up just to have. I have an original Penney's S&P shirt that fits perfect, but the chest pockets, for some reason are way too low (perhaps a tall shirt) and this would totally make up for it.

I have an original Penney's S&P shirt that fits perfect, but the chest pockets, for some reason are way too low (perhaps a tall shirt) and this would totally make up for it.

I've seen this quite a bit in photos...maybe it made it easier to access the pockets from a crouched position? I'm sure it was an intentional design.