THE SUFU WORK ZINE (it's happening this time)

mlproject

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hmmmmmmmm

Really, if something happened to mlproject, then I feel bad, but waiting this long is just ridiculous. At least establish some communication that this thing will be delayed for a while, or god forbid not happening at all.

I am expecting a free Dumont burger for my troubles (aka waiting).

+1

yo dudes.. sorry for my absence on this thing. there's a long story of why i've fallen off the planet involving my job and a few other situations, but i'll spare you that.

i finally have a spot to run the main guts of this and will be doing so the week before new years. flipbooks and buttons are already chilling in envelopes to roll out.

i'll send out a big email asking for address updates once they're ready.

also, for the couple of you that have hit me up regarding a refund, please confirm you've received that via email as i haven't heard back.

lesson learned: better secure a printer before trying to bang something out.

• 2 months later...

mlproject, I've lost track of this. Are you needing funds from contributors? Let me know. Man I've had some fun projects since you started this, stuff on a bigger scale too. However, I think what I sent still trumps almost everything in terms of being an intimate, organic project.

• 3 months later...
mlproject, I've lost track of this. Are you needing funds from contributors? Let me know. Man I've had some fun projects since you started this, stuff on a bigger scale too. However, I think what I sent still trumps almost everything in terms of being an intimate, organic project.
truth.

despite the [long ass] wait, I still want this to very much happen. have you given up?

• 1 month later...

yo.. going to process refunds for this starting tonight. really don't see myself having the time to get it completely done anytime soon with 2 new big projects landing in my lap, so i don't feel comfortable holding onto your cash any longer. when and if i do get it done, i'll shoot them out on the free tip.

Seeing as magcloud (online pseudo-publisher) now offer perfect binding, this could be an ideal application? Plus with their shop system, we could design the ting and people can just buy direct from the shop? Obviously the method mlproject is using is likely to be better, but it's an economical alternative I think, up to 270ish pp .

With Mike's blessing, i'd be willing to take over (along with anyone else who wants to, sup creations/msced thread), or do something slightly different (I can understand this might not sit well with a lot of users), perhaps with newer members' work.

man i'd love to help out with this. missed the boat on getting in on any contributions but i'm down to help as much as i can, use any resources i have at my/school disposal (saddle stitch/staple machine, sometimes janky perfect bind, sharp ass guillotine that'll cut like, 200 sheets at a time).

might be able to do as many laser color prints for free.

yo whatever. i'll help Mag.

i'm definitely down to work on it in any capacity .. helping out with files i have ready, getting files to someone who is going to lay it out againf or another production run or whatever... i just have zero time anymore to do the hand production :-(