General TV show discussion

mrip

When Heidi returns home to her new apartment, she's welcomed by a huge piece of graffiti plastered across the living room wall. Although she and Spencer had talked about decorating the place with artwork, the gold spray paint and money signs surrounding the word "Hollywood" are a little more than Heidi had bargained for. Spencer says the paint job is a gift and promises he has some more surprises up his sleeve, including a romantic getaway to Santa Barbara.

• 2 weeks later...

The wire has maybe 3/5 of what the sopranos has. Wire is missing comedies and the most commanding lead actor tv has ever seen.

I'm questioning if you've actually seen The Wire, preferably more than once. Bunk is fucking hilarious. The interactions between him, Lester, McNulty, etc. are nothing short of brilliant. Maybe there isn't a Gandolfini in the series, but there are more solid characters in The Wire than every other HBO show combined.

Don't get my wrong, I think the Sopranos is fucking incredible. In my opinion it's only behind The Wire and Breaking Bad. And I'll say it again, I don't believe any of the great shows that we have today would have happened without The Sopranos. Its importance cannot be denied.

But saying The Wire has 3/5 of what The Sopranos has is ridiculous. At that point it's not even personal opinion... it's just wrong.

Edited by Layne

Also finally started It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and I love it.

Let me know when you get to season 4 or so... somewhere in that time frame (maybe 5) it get's so ridiculous and starts to go downhill. Seasons 4-6 still have there moments, but Season 7 is not funny at all. It's actually terrible.

anyone seen the chloe sevigny show hit & miss? pretty bad and the tranny/hit-man/woman gets overplayed, but whatever. it's better than the network shit from here in the states. and sevigny's boobs are awesome.

I watched the first season of white collar after i watched the first of suits, there is a huge gap. dunno why but white collar is just boring, i find it hard to sit through most of the episodes. does it get better? i like bomer and moz but the rest of the characters are pretty shit.

i watched the first season of burn notice after watching white collar, and burn notice is easily the worst of the three. just really bad, and i have a pretty high tolerance for bad tv. white collar is ok. the 2nd season is basically the same. but i agree there is a huge gap. suits' episodes kind of feels less self contained, with more focus on the longer arcs/relationships. i mean it's still gimmicky as fuck, but whatever. it's weird though because i feel like suits is the show i look forward to the most each week, even with breaking bad back. \:

Edited by mass

when i "watch shoes out of boredom" it's really just me downloading the ep and watching the first 30 seconds then skipping through the rest in less than 30 seconds. anyone else do this? its stupid but i guess it entertains me for a minute