General TV show discussion

mrip

Community is completely different than The Office and Parks and Rec. It's not set in a workplace, there are no confessional scenes, and the plots are more outlandish and less realistic.

Also, I think the Parks and Rec deals more with the personal lives of characters and what goes on outside the office, whereas The Office focuses more on the work day.

For the record, I like Parks and Rec the best. The Office has fallen off a little since its heyday and I was never really a fan of Community (I only watched a few episodes though so you could argue that I didn't give it a chance).

Why would you think that's trolling? There's four seasons of BB. I wanted to make sure the first few seasons were good enough and important enough to the overall story to warrant me watching them. otherwise, I could just start on season 3 or 4 and catch up quickly. Some shows are shitty at the beginning and, and you can often figure out what's going on without knowing all the details and back story.

For the record, I am starting with season one, but it's really wasn't that stupid of a question.

For the record, I am starting with season one, but it's really wasn't that stupid of a question.

I'm not purposefully trying to be a dick, and I'll be the first to admit I may take (some) TV shows too serious. But come the fuck on.... Have you not read any serious review of the show? I'll say without hesitation it's one of the best of all time.

If you're gonna skip some seasons just to get caught up and "see what all the buzz is about".... why watch it at all? Even the shittiest of shows should be watched from the beginning.

^^Fair enough... I guess I generally agree with you guys about starting tv shows from the beginning. For some reason, I originally thought that Breaking Bad was only on its second season, so I could just chain-watch a bunch of episodes and be caught up in a couple days. When I realized there were so many seasons, my laziness kicked in. I think that with shows that are still going, I get more worried about catching up so I can discuss it with people and stuff.

Also, I don't watch a lot of dramas.

And when did Community not suck? I was actually going to give it a second chance this season until I heard how much people disliked it.

what is everything you guys are really watching?

I keep up with a lot of shit I think, some of it sucks but whatever

Breaking Bad

Dexter

Sons

Sunny :(

The League

Workaholics

Tosh.0

Mythbusters

Louie

Boardwalk

House

Walking Dead

Parks

Community : /

Modern Family

Game of Thrones

Delocated

NTSF:SD:SUV

Southland

Curb

Justified

Suits

The Killing :(

Treme

Luther

Phoneshop

Sherlock

damn thats a lot of shit listed like that. so many hours. mags, is that british shit coming back? too lazy to google.