General TV show discussion

mrip

im not going to bother watching any new drama on a regular network. the only good drama on a network i remember was 24.

all the new shows looks terrible

i will never watch anything on cbs besides og twilight zone

so what new shows are good??

i asked this 10 pages ago but now seems to be a better time to ask.

'himym' has always been utter shite.

mildred pierce was good, but a little long. it's a miniseries broken into 5-hour long parts.

i've heard good things about the killing and the borgias.

honestly, all of the shows that have premiered so far aren't really worth watching.

i would go and rewatch things that looked interesting from the hbo catalogue - carnivale, deadwood, rome

watched mildred pierce a while ago, and have seen the original killing. borgias look meh tbh..

i was speaking more about he shows that've premiered around these past two weeks.

always sunny was a little better, still crappy. I thought for sure charlie was having a sunscreen-induced dream or something.

I agree with oasis about community, too much emphasis on 'the group', and how they're such good friends and shit.

every thing else that returned was good i thought.

I don't agree with folks that say Always Sunny has sucked since Season 4. Maybe every episode wasn't ground-breaking, but most were always funny as hell. IMO, the worst episodes have been the two this season.

you gotta be kidding me. this season has been absolutely brilliant so far

how bout breaking bad, god damn

you gotta be kidding me. this season has been absolutely brilliant so far

how bout breaking bad, god damn

Agree about Breaking Bad.... maybe the best show since The Wire. I'll let you know after it ends next year.

However, Sunny isn't comical. Was the writing outsourced? Whatever the fuck happened was a leap in the wrong direction.

This show should be on HBO or some other non basic cable channel.

This show can be good with the right script and cast (female chest regions exposure is a necessity)

seemed like the set locations were really fake. i bet the cost per episode is really high with the 60's vintage everything

seemed like the set locations were really fake. i bet the cost per episode is really high with the 60's vintage everything

Definitely agree (with your first sentence, not the second), it's Mad Men without the effort or budget for production design. If it wasn't on network TV they'd be able to find actual vintage or make things that don't look so prop-y.

Much better than Playboy Club though. Only thing that show has going for it is Amber Heard.