american college football

brightbill

Who's going to play TCU or BSU? Doesn't really make sense for a good team from an AQ qualifier to play them. I really think that TCU can beat anyone right now. BSU not so much. But if OK State loses to OU I believe that both BSU and TCU will get invited. But look for BSU to be in the NC conversation next year if they can win out.

oregon played boise this year. thats a start. they just need to schedule a couple games against the bigger conferences to increase their strength of schedule. even big 10, big 12, acc, big east will help im not necessarily saying pac10 or sec.

^ Read an article a few weeks back about schools declining to schedule with Boise for next season. People are pretty shook, I think.

yea i dont doubt teams are afraid to play either one. it was a bold move for even oregon to play them and they got it handed to them (even though it was on the blue turf)

the problem is most of the big programs have already locked in their schedule a few years out and already locked in their token challenging non-conference game

i think this is probably a bigger reason. i know fsu has their schedule locked in until 2012 as of last year.

Who do you guys think is the Heisman Trophy winner? I think its going to be Toby Gerhart or Mark Ingram.

i know tebag shouldnt be invited to the ceremony as a finalist if its based on this season, but will based on the media love.

i would say ingram if bama can beat florida if not colt mccoy will win it. it would be cool for gerhart to win but the west coast gets no love so i dont think he will be there. ingram has been more consistent throughout the season.

probably not but if one loss teams keep losing then who knows. the SOS isnt strong enough for TCU and boise st. for both to make it. Boise and TCU need to start scheduling some better out of conference games so that there is no discussion if they deserve to get in or not

I don't really think you know how the At-Large bids work in the BCS...

unless im miscounting

there are going to be 3 at large teams making it to a game (sugar, fiesta, orange)

bama will be one

boise/tcu will be one

i thought an oregon/pitt might have snuck in and took the last but at this point tcu looks strong. every other year they have a let down game and bite themselves in the ass but this year they look legit. same with boise but boise really isnt that good.

unless im miscounting

there are going to be 3 at large teams making it to a game (sugar, fiesta, orange)

bama will be one

boise/tcu will be one

i thought an oregon/pitt might have snuck in and took the last but at this point tcu looks strong. every other year they have a let down game and bite themselves in the ass but this year they look legit. same with boise but boise really isnt that good.

I'm not sure if you are being serious right now but so far your CF knowledge has been on point; sans the BCS. There are 5 BCS games (Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Orange, and the NC game) There are 6 BCS conferences. Every BCS team that wins their conference goes to a BCS bowl. All BCS bowls have conference tie-ins. After the BCS conference winners are decided from the BCS conferences, (ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, PAC-10, and SEC) all teams within the top BCS 16 are considered for the bowls... Only 2 teams from each BCS conference are allowed. Teams from non-AQ conferences must be in the top 12/14(not sure :confused:) of the BCS rankings. If there is more than one team from a non-AQ conference in the top 12, the highest ranked team is taken automatically; all other teams are considered in the At-Large pool.

This is where shit really happens. BSU (taking into account that TCU will be automatically chosen) has been shut out of the BCS with an undefeated record twice before this year.They have to hope that OK State loses this weekend to Oklahoma to garner a real shot at crackin'. So basically... after teams that are ranked #1 and #2 have been matched up in the NC anything goes. Any team within the top 16 that can fill seats (ie teams with the largest alumni bases) will be selected... not the most "deserving" team.

After #1 and #2 have been matched up... it's all about the $$$. Fuckin horrible.

Read this. Hilarious: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/091123&sportCat=nfl

---

so i miscounted there are 4 at large teams

5 bowl games

6 conference winners

4 at large

one at large bama

one at large tcu

and the other 2 can be anyone

for some reason i thought boise made it last year with utah but i was wrong. yea so one smaller school will get in and one will get shafted i guess.

tcu is better than boise this year so they deserve to get in. some schools travel better than others in terms of fan base. SEC schools in particular and Big 10 to some extent too. you're right about it all being about the money which is another reason that playoffs will never happen.

anyone follow college recruiting?

UT/A&M game was legit for a bit. CF is like a daytime show for dudes. My favorite thing in the world. Can't wait for FSU/UF, BAMA/AUB, and the Ducks game. SHIT IS CRACK. For the life of me I can't start to believe where the season went. Don't really follow recruiting. :cool::eek: Besides the Civil War, the thing I'm most excited for is Pats/Saints and I hate the fucking NFL.

--

GO DUCKS. GO BLUE RUG.

• 3 weeks later...

Florida recruits are welcome to FSU...

Urban Meyer is stepping down as coach of the Florida football team' date=' athletics director Jeremy Foley announced Saturday afternoon in a release.

"I have given my heart and soul to coaching college football and mentoring young men for the last 24-plus years and I have dedicated most of my waking moments the last five years to the Gator football program," Meyer said in statement. "I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to re-evaluate my priorities of faith and family.

"After consulting with my family, Dr. Machen, Jeremy Foley and my doctors, I believe it is in my best interest to step aside and focus on my health and family.

"I'm proud to be a part of the Gainesville community and the Gator Nation and I plan to remain in Gainesville and involved with the University of Florida.

"I'm very appreciative for the opportunity I've had to be a part of a tremendous institution - from Dr. Machen to Jeremy Foley and the entire administrative staff at UF. I'm also very thankful for the chance to work with some of the best assistants in college football and coach some of the best college football players and watch them grow both on and off the field as people. I will cherish the relationships with them the most."

Meyer will coach his last game for Florida against Cincinnati on Jan. 1 at the Sugar Bowl.[/quote']