Anyone here been to the APC store in Manila (Philippines)?

T A M A D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahah ktv. we went to some place in makati i think. where all the white tourists go. they say they like the exotic look of the filipina women there...they were so...ugly.

oh and did you go to UP? we went there and we hit up this isaw spot. sarap! it was so cheap. my cousin talked to the owner because they knew each other from when he went to UP and yeah. apparently the guy put one of his kids through college from the isaw sales at UP.

haha no double dipping!

our disposition towards vanity is partly due to a lack of identity in the US. but personally, i am a damn stickler for quality and tailoring. screw compromising!

Umm... even in the Philippines there's always been a culture to dress up well and take care of clothing yes? I think the heat and sweat just keep us from wanting to sport anything but a t-shirt and tsinelas most of the time....

Does anyone have treasured memories of having to take off their button-ups before riding in any car seats to avoid back-sweat-stains?

oh... and one more thing: where're the pinays? anyone in the L.A. area? ;)

they serve balut?

my girl loves balut. i tried it last year & threw it all back up! funny, cuz in '96, my cousins made me try dog (ascal) & it was ok. they cooked the skin like sisig (nasty) & the meat like adobo (not bad). we were @ taal lake & got wasted right in front of the water where they shot the dog in the head with a small revolver. good times!

i heard that after you eat dog your sweat smells like dog. either i stink or im a fuckin rottweiller too! LOL.

tagay pare.....

Umm... even in the Philippines there's always been a culture to dress up well and take care of clothing yes? I think the heat and sweat just keep us from wanting to sport anything but a t-shirt and tsinelas most of the time....

Does anyone have treasured memories of having to take off their button-ups before riding in any car seats to avoid back-sweat-stains?

to clarify, i was only speaking of fil-am generalities; i'm native to the US (only visited PI when i was in my elementary years). but even in Philippines, my relatives are stingy about name brands...it's "nike or nothing", so my balakbayan/lbc boxes are loaded with adidas (i'm trying to convert them from nike to adidas) and RL.

among my lolo's/lola's, their vanity is sincerely concerned with quality and material. and i wish my dad kept his old adidas...tobaccos in their prime.

and i had no idea had to spell "tsinelas".

umm... no. but i remember never wearing a shirt at all. and as a consequence, i slid down a cement hill in nothing but my shorts and slippers. roads werent as smooth as the ones i was used to.

my younger years were devoted to roaming the streets of manila with my friends looking like street urchins in search of the secret arcades to play galaga. back then marcos had to outlaw arcades and voltes five ... for reasons that i still dont get.

btw i finally got to eat the sisig i was craving for last night

ever see the documentary "IMELDA"???

good stuff. put a lot of stuff into perspective. my family are still under her spell.

Holla!

I'm also glad someone mentioned her on Supershopper, she needs a shrine of hers put up on a "shoe collection" thread.

ddml i saw imelda at one of the sm malls last time i went back

fascinating woman

interesting reflections on her husband too

on a side note, theatres in manila are so fucking nice

clean as a whistle

and they must keep the temp at like sixty-five degrees in there

speaking of stores...has anyone checked a store named people are people???they have great stuff at bargain prices...i saw the store when i went there 3 months ago

yeah i got to see that store. i forgot which SM it was. very nice quality shirts that are unique. too bad i didn't want to pay the price tag. i'd rather buy my t-shirts at ross, marshall's, or tiangge. hahaha. other than the shirts i didn't notice the other stuff they had in there.

i really cant admire her and her family ... i grew up during the martial law years .. any mention of the marcos family name just makes me mad.

blemish on filipino history. they went from the fastest growing asian country to one of the slowest.

She's nothing compared to America's colonization of our islands and our minds. It wasn't the marcos's that screwed us... well, if they didn't do it, another dictator would've come along supported by (well since I live here now) US.

C'mon!

^

dont get me started on colonization .. and the whole colonial mentality crap, sure someone else wouldve came along and be a dictator and mess the country up, but the fact is that the marcoses ruled and pillaged the country for twenty something years. imagine not knowing yr dad till you were 8 coz he was in hiding for being a student activist, add 6 years of visiting him in jail