Anyone here been to the APC store in Manila (Philippines)?

T A M A D

Just used the store locator on their site and saw that they have a store in the Shangri-La Mall in Manila. It really seems like an odd place to have an APC storefront, but whatever...just wondering if anyone has checked it out and seen what they have for sale...

"Without love the acquisition of knowledge only increases confusion and leads to self-destruction..." ~ J.Krishnamurti

Edited by T A M A D on Nov 7, 2005 at 01:15 PM

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

is everyone here filipino??? just wondering.

seems like the philippins is catching up with the reast of the world. i agree with greetea that not many people will afford them. people can buy cheap/ fake jeans at green hills or at market places.

i think karaoke's been it in the philippines since before i was born

i would hard pressed to choose between a pair of apcs and a week or two of red horse and sisig

red horse is so gross. sobrang matapang. yeah...but the sisig in the can is delicious!

haha yea im half filipino... and that half of the family has a karaoke machine in every house and thats all they do whenever we visit or someone visits us

sooooo true. when i visit my family, it is the first thing i hear in the morning and the last thing i hear before going to bed.

used to live in manila. haven't been back since 2003.

so who actually lives in the philippines over here?

if not...when was the last time you were back to the homeland.

i went back in december 05 to about middle of january 06. best 3.5 weeks of my life.

i cant wait to go back! boracay!

damn, i was just in the pi in may for 2 weeks. i did go to shangri-la, but to jus get a quick bite of the infamous mega-melt. wasn't into the denim yet. wish i was into reading superfuture before i left. i stayed in pampanga pretty much the whole time, so not much nitelife for me except the clowns comedy club & couple bars. didnt get to go malikaya, wowowee, or rollercoaster mall either.

i thought they already killed of most of abu sayaf group?they might be in on the low.. collaborating with jamal islamiyah from indonesia or the tamil tiger force of sri lanka. thats why my white friends are scared to go visit the p.i scared of the kidnappings

i "pass" as white---------it WAS scary, though most of my cousins don't share my fear. my family's farm is extremely close to the abu sayyaf HQ in zambouanga del norte. i haven't set foot there since the early to mid eighties.

my ninang ran a bus company shuttling workers from their homes to the EPZs; she had a bus taken for ransom; all of the occupants, including the driver, were killed b/c she refused to pay.

it's fucked b/c it is pretty easy for me as an american to come and go as i please, but a lot of my relatives aren't even allowed to visit the US b/c of immigration laws. crazy.

wow...everyones experience is so different. my cousin over there was the brand manager for jack daniels. i stayed in santa ana which is clsoe to makati. soo my nights were filled with philippines weed, a lot of san mig pale pilsen and san mig light, and a lot of 20something filipinos goign out and getting trashed.

it was a realllly good experience. apparently my family over there have a lot of influence over things in their city. there was no problems for my family anywhere we went.