Anyone here been to the APC store in Manila (Philippines)?

T A M A D

to get tinik out my mom usually gets her sister who was born feet first (suhi) to rub my throat to get the tinik out. bananas worked best though

wtf? why does being born feet first give her any super powers to get fish bones out of your throat.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's some weird Filipino superstition.

If a baby's born feet first, they supposedly had some healing ability. I used to room with a guy who was born that way. He's a very good dentist. Never ate anything with tinik here though, so I never got to test that superstition.

I'd like to know if it ever worked.

^

dont get me started on colonization .. and the whole colonial mentality crap, sure someone else wouldve came along and be a dictator and mess the country up, but the fact is that the marcoses ruled and pillaged the country for twenty something years. imagine not knowing yr dad till you were 8 coz he was in hiding for being a student activist, add 6 years of visiting him in jail

i didnt experience that but my brother and sister did. my parents were very active during their college years. same deal with my siblings, not seeing their dad for 5+ years. luckily, i have a relationship with my dad since my birth and i cherish it very much. id talk about my dad going UG but i think its way too dangerous.

• 3 months later...
lol

LOL masuerte, i hella used to listen to parokya. i don't even know if i want to go back to the philippines.. last time i went i was like a kid and i didn't know better. but i think it'd be cool to see the fam and be treated like royalty for dirt cheap. my pops wants to go back and he wants to make a stop over in japan.. sounds kinda goooood.

LOL masuerte, i hella used to listen to parokya. i don't even know if i want to go back to the philippines.. last time i went i was like a kid and i didn't know better. but i think it'd be cool to see the fam and be treated like royalty for dirt cheap. my pops wants to go back and he wants to make a stop over in japan.. sounds kinda goooood.

you should definitely go back. its so much fun. jsut a bunch of drinking and seeing family. and more drinking. sometimes drugs if your family gets down like that. haha yeah.

but...anyone in the LA area gonna go to wowowee on dec 2. i think willie said something about la memorial colliseum december 2. so yeah.

I took a recent trip to the philippines for the first time last year from december to mid january and it was a total culture shock, the most disturbing thing about it is the huge gap of rich and poor. I stayed at the Shangri-La Makati for 10 days the Province (Zambales) for about 5 and Quezon City for 1 night, so i was exposed to every level of lifestyle. It is truley appalling. But otherwise the food is really good the shopping is decent, the prices were super inflated especially for the designer goods at Greenbelt.

I took a recent trip to the philippines for the first time last year from december to mid january and it was a total culture shock, the most disturbing thing about it is the huge gap of rich and poor. I stayed at the Shangri-La Makati for 10 days the Province (Zambales) for about 5 and Quezon City for 1 night, so i was exposed to every level of lifestyle. It is truley appalling. But otherwise the food is really good the shopping is decent, the prices were super inflated especially for the designer goods at Greenbelt.

i got to visit this past may. i have never stayed in a hotel (except the hourly kind) in the phils when i go on vacation. damn, the shangri-la sounds cool. maybe i should do that in 2008. i liked the shopping cuz i bought cheap stuff. the main reason i went on vacation was because my mom's barrio was having their fiesta. it was my first fiesta ever & was sooooo much fun. i was pretty much feasting on pig & chicken all day. food is sure plentiful if you have money there!

i also went in december/jan of 94/95. new year's is the bomb over there. did you light up all the fireworks???

i'd hate to be on t.v., but i'd sure love to get on wowowee. just to even check out the asf dancers or sumthin! lol. anyone ever been on the show & said wasssssup??? hahaha.

you know i be lookin out for yall sf'ers!!!

*bump* going back to the Philippines for a wedding in january. following that, the wedding party is heading to Boracay for a couple days.

I've stayed in the Shangrila in Makati, and a couple other hotels in the area, ive also "roughed it" in the province before too, thankfully, we'll be in Makati most of the time this time again..

New Years is so fun in the PI, we bought so many firecrackers its rediculous, and we all have some sort of scar to show for it too =P