wtf should i do with my hair?

breakfasteatre

My hair fucking sucks, its dirty blonde and slightly wavey

i really dont know wtf to do with it right now, i got a haircut around thanksgiving (i get a #2 fade) and now, like its kinda too long for me to have any clue what to do, other than spiking :\

this may seem so stupid but could anyone give me some suggestions? My hair is my downfall, and right now i feel pretty unattractive.

117933094.jpg

117933080.jpg

Edited by breakfasteatre on Nov 6, 2005 at 09:25 PM

go to the store and buy any hair product in a small tub that you would describe as a putty or wax, dont buy something that you would describe as a gel

put a little bit in your hands, rub your hands together, rub your hands all over your hair

take a hand towel and rub it all over you hair with both hands, as if you were drying your hair

done

gel will make your hair all crusty. I use a light wax like bed head manipulator and a little bit of a thick one like MOP. let your har grow for 6 months and then find the gayest hair cutter you can find to make a beautiful mess of your hair. I recently grew my hair out and it took about a year to get it how I like it.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

let it grow for six months. then take a shower, wash your hair, towel dry your head so the hair stands on end. bow your head forward and start chopping with scissors. look up every now and then to keep it even. chop it down to an inch, all over. it should look terrible. after a week, it will look great. do this for a couple years. soon you'll never, ever ever worry about what your hair looks like and confidence will reign.

Finally the time has come... I am getting a haircut tomorrow!

So I like having longish hair right, it's probably a little shorter than breakfasteatres in that pic. But it is the biggest pain in the ass to maintain. If I wash it, it goes all shiny and straight and I look fucking ridiculous, there is just no way I can style it. So I wash it as little as possible. But in doing that I get a really fucking dry scalp. I CANNOT WIN! So I decided I will go really short.. like almost shaved but not quite that short, basically the theme is low maintenance (as in not having to "style" it every frickin day)

Someone give me some ideas. Please.

The important thing before I report in... my position.

don't let anyone who cuts your hair use clippers. ever. the fade is the enemy. at this point you might just shave it into a mohawk, and start over from there. though that can be a hard look to rock.

or use the wax. it should feel like putty. best case scenario it won't really look like you have product in the hair.

to meditation - keep a bit of a mohawk, very short with a little hair on the sides. almost like you had a real mohawk, but have been letting it grow back in. do not confuse with the fauxhawk, as it is not as punk rock.

haha that dorm looks exactly like my dorm room last year... warren towers perhaps? if thats the case then dont go to dellaria's they will just overcharge you and its horrible (i went there for my fauxhawk and it was disgustingly bad). hairfx is a lot better and its only 25 bucks for a wash and cut/style.

Some call it being conceited, I call it seeing the truth.

Quote:

when in doubt, shave it off

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on Nov 8, 2005 10:06 AM

The only people who will compliment you on your short hair are other guys with short hair though....

BTW I basically mean that it's a style that's mostly appealing to guys...not that you'll enter a secret gay conspiracy.

Edited by Fuuma on Nov 8, 2005 at 12:01 PM