Dirty, worn down denim in a bucket with paint remainings filled with tea and more..

keska

Reaaaaally questionable at the moment--the wash is the only way to save yourself at this point

back from my hippie days making tie dye, urea (available at art supply stores) really helps the cotton fibers accept and hold the dye (whether you are using actual fabric dyes or coffee and tea). soaking for over twenty four hours is pointless. in the initial soak the concentration of tea was not strong enough. looks like you may have been closer in the second attempt.

Props for this thread and this project.

For all those people having trouble with either this thread or this project or the way a person tries to make something unique for himself my advice is to just ignore this thread. And please leave all the negative comments out. Why bother spreading your negative energy..

Again props for this thread and hope that your jeans will turn out great and the way you wanted it..

So I rinsed them thoroughly in the shower on the 24th, they have been hanging outside to dry since. Here are some pictures before the rinse:

image142nn7.jpg

image143zf4.jpg

image144mm6.jpg

image145sp2.jpg

image147cw3.jpg

image148qa5.jpg

During rinse; you can see the tea color has colored every white thread. A lot of color loss occurred

image149pb5.jpg

I took them inside today, they're still a little moist from some rain they soaked. I'll take some pictures later today when they're dry

I know they looked a bit extreme or overdone but that IS the point. I predicted that at least half of the tea dye and other stuff would fade with the rinse, and eventually most of it overtime. I still want to have visible marks on my jeans in a year or so.

As for the negative comments, while I do encourage criticism, please keep it constructive. You cant be conclusive about something that is IN the making.

im gonna check by here every once in a while. tea-dying isnt what interests me, its seeing if the mold ate away @any of the warp&woof. please post detail pics when this is done. dont use too much starch, or you'll look like the victim of a clandestine circle jerk...