Places of Higher Learning

Miyavi

Sorry, I thought it was a given I meant community. I guess there are those select few that could do it as a junior in high school though (my grandfather skipped two grades). Yeah, I mean, I believe I'm on track right now, first year and have a 3.8/4.0 with decent amount of units. It'd just be cool to hear from someone else that has done it.

@Dioxic: if you do transfer junior year, you will most likely end up staying another year unless you load on the credits. any reputable school will have a minimum number of credits that you need to take at their campus. honestly, i don't think it's worth it to transfer junior year. transfer sophomore year if you do plan on transferring. if anything, take more classes and graduate earlier if money is an issue.

Just got rejected from UCLA, on my birthday, and now Berkeley isn't looking so probable either.

damn, shouldn't have hyped myself up so much for it. Now Irvine and SD feel like I'm settling...

my stomach hurts thinking about it. our fate as cal bears will be known at the end of the week. going to be a shitty week coming :(

i want to feel something other than anxiety about university

i'm pretty sure you guys heard this but it's not really where you go (as undergrad) it's how well you do there. it's harder to get a decent job with a BS degree so i tell people to shoot for graduate degrees. that's where it counts.

Just got rejected from UCLA, on my birthday, and now Berkeley isn't looking so probable either.

damn, shouldn't have hyped myself up so much for it. Now Irvine and SD feel like I'm settling...

Don't feel bad tho. A lot didn't get in. I'm assuming you're not Azn?

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_17874701?source=most_viewed

"LOS ANGELES - UCLA offered admission to 15,560 prospective freshman for fall 2011, out of a record 61,515 applicants, the university announced today.

Of the admitted applicants, 44.9 percent are Asian/Asian-American, 32.1 percent are white, 15.5 percent are Latino/Chicano, 3.4 percent are black and 0.6 percent are Native American.

The prospective freshmen have an average GPA of 4.3."

i'm filipino, i don't think they count that as asian. but i got accepted into UCLA today :o i didn't think i was going to, to be honest. i was shaking for a while after reading the letter.

congrats!

I got rejected from UCLA, Cal, and UCSD all in one day, lol.

USC, SCU, Irvine, Davis, and SJSU with some scholarship cash are what I am waiting for..

Passing on UCSC and UCSB.

there could still be a chance. my sister got rejected from ucla but got in cal. and fwiw, shes a comm major. good luck