if you had to read one street/street-oriented blog, which would it be?

onemancult

WHICH TO READ?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH TO READ?

• HYPEBEAST
    • SLAMXHYPE
    • FRESHNESSMAG
    • HIGHSNOBIETY
    • WRITE IN CANDIDATE

ok so i used to read all the usual street blogs but i can't be bothered to keep up with every single one anymore. but i need to read something to keep me up to date and somewhat on the ball in terms of whats going on out in the street sector of the fashion markets.

WHICH SITE DO I READ FROM NOW ON?

you mean for hypebeasty shit? prolly highsnobiety if that's where you're going.

not necessarily just hypebeasty shit but also i guess i remember that these blogs also beasted up lots of japanese stuff beyond sneakers...

selectism doesnt count as hypbeasty to me.

if it helps to explain, my google bookmarks are broken up like this right now:

KULTURE VULTURE: contains arts/culture/fashion/consumer blogs. selectism is in there. because.

STREET EARS: all the blogs in the poll plus shit like asilentflute and the alife website are in there.

what i want to do is migrate one or two of the street ears blogs into kulture vulture and remove what's left in that category. i am too old now and do not give a enough of fuck anymore.

honeyee i think has a good mix of stuff. and antennae mag. don't laugh but nylon for guys has good sneakers and shit sometimes.

not necessarily just hypebeasty shit but also i guess i remember that these blogs also beasted up lots of japanese stuff beyond sneakers...

BUSTEMFAST: short clips

LENGTH OF LOVE: full videos

JUST CURIOUS: all the weird fetish shit you love but wouldnt tell anyone you watch except to be grossed out and or laugh at. but really you beat like crazy to this shit.

honeyee i think has a good mix of stuff. and antennae mag. don't laugh but nylon for guys has good sneakers and shit sometimes.

i cant fuck with honeyeeyeyey. too asian.

my good friend is copy chief at antenna,

and another friend of mine is men's ed at nylon for guys. i dont laugh

at them, they do good schtuff.

grab me some antennae issues, please. can never find for shit. got one issue at O'Hare of all places.

i like a mix of stuff but my wardrobe has pretty homogenous. i was never really into streetwear beyond a few pair of beloved jordans, but i like to know what's going on in the streetwear world.

grab me some antennae issues, please. can never find for shit. got one issue at O'Hare of all places.

i like a mix of stuff but my wardrobe has pretty homogenous. i was never really into streetwear beyond a few pair of beloved jordans, but i like to know what's going on in the streetwear world.

Funny enough i purchased the inauguaral issue at OHare. But you can get that shit in the city. Ive gotten a copy at Hudson news and i think i bought a copy at Reed Space as well.

I used to check some of those sites a few years ago, not so much anymore. The SlamXHype guy is from NZ, he's popped up on local TV a couple of times this year on those news 'puff' peices.

Use Google Reader (reader.google.com) and this way you can subscribe to all of them and read them at your leisure. Seriously, using an RSS reader makes reading blogs a million times more efficient.

But if you had to read one, I'd go with Highsnobiety. Hypebeast's writing is laughably atrocious. Granted, these blogs are generally read for the photos, but I can't get over how awful the writing is at HB.

i visit hypebeast the most just cause theyre the OG (as far as i know). but their attempt to write music criticism is the worst piece of shit in the world. i personally dont even understand why they're trying to go in this direction. just cause pharrell/kanye hang out with nigo doesnt make it a good idea.

asilentflute

haha, a silent flute is still around? Man, those were the days. Remember when people used to read like, The Brilliance and shit?

I've gone to hypebeast only a couple times in the last six months. Used to be a daily reader. Think it's hilarious that they're trying to cover like, Number (N)ine and shit now.

I'll cosign on highsnobriety if the question is "pick just one."

haha, a silent flute is still around? Man, those were the days. Remember when people used to read like, The Brilliance and shit?

I had to check up on The Brilliance after being reminded they existed. I'm not entirely convinced it isn't literally a joke at this point. First articles I spotted appeared to be on sudoku and some type of tea drink. Also, ice cream sandwiches.

But I'm not here to hate on ice cream sandwiches.

I like Highsnobiety simply because you can mouse over older articles at the bottom of the page rather than having to load up two or three new pages. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to get to the new Nigh-kays what with not having to browse through 'news' about hiphop albums I don't give two shits about. Also they post up new releases in Size? which is good what with me being from the UK and all.